6.03.2008

Delicious and Nutritious...

Some of you out there in blog world might not know that my roomate Ashlie is a vegetarian. She is also into disgusting things like hummus (which always makes me think of haggas) and other forms of chickpeas. Yuck. So, a few days after I got here we decided to eat at the restaraunt 'Pita Jungle'. It was very nice...I had a portabello mushroom burger and she had some nasty black bean burger thing that she made me try a piece of and I almost puked. I hate beans...all beanse minus green beans. Anyway, so this restaraunt was nice...the waiters and waitresses were all sort of hippie like so Ashlie really loved it. It was good. Well, just up the street from where we live is another restaraunt called 'Extreme Pita'. We've seen it and even had a coupon for it becuase when you shop at 'Basha's'...the nearest grocery store...you get Extrememe Pita coupons on the back of your receipt. I have been clipping every coupon I can get my hands on...so I kept those in my purse cause we inevitably would try it out someday. Well that we did and let me just tell you...it is our new favorite place ever! Our coupon is for buy one pita get one free with the purchase of a large drink. So, we share a drink and get two pitas for $3.50 a person. You just don't find a deal like that every day. Ashlie always gets the Falafal Fanatic and I always get the Gyro pita. And...to top it all off...we have now become friends with the cute little Mexican man that works there. Everytime we walk in...no matter what he's doing...he'll wave and say really loud 'oh hello girls' and smiles and he knows what we get and it's just lots of fun. And, we know he's not like that with everyone becuase the first time we came he wasn't that friendly. But...we're regulars. And...to make this deal even better...my pita only has 350 calories. That is not bad for a dinner. The only frustrating thing is that Basha's is a pretty expensive grocery store so we have to keep an eye out for good deals so we can get the receipts with the coupons. For example, this week 1/2 gallons of milk are on sale for $1.00....thats one gallon of milk for $2.00. That is an anazing deal. We calculated up yesterday and with our sale on milk, and with our Extreme Pita coupons...we have saved over $20.00!
So for all my fans out there who are planning there next trip to Arizona to come see me...let it be known we will be frequenting the Extreme Pita while you're here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog! I think you meant you have 'now' become friends with the 'cute little Mexican man' (said NOT become friends). You seem to have a way with those Mexican waiters don't you? I don't think anyone has been back to La Casa Salsa since you left. A gallon of mild for $2? Who knew it could be so cheap to live in Arizona. Now if they only had an Aldi.....

Sarah Harward said...

After reading this post I just might talk to Steven about planning a trip out there just so I can try this Extreme Pita place!! Landon told me today that "Since Katy doesn't live in her house with the BIG stairs, we need to go there. We can live there because it is SO fun and has a Spiderman movie and lots and lots of fun stuff..." Looks like Steven has been brain washing him in his sleep or something. Landon's actually been talking about you and your apartment A LOT lately.
p.s. Way to go on your steal of a deal on milk!! The best I can find it is 4 half gallons for $5 (which is $2.50 a gallon)

Anna said...

Two things:

1-I love pita places...now I am really craving one.

2-I am super-duper-coupon-clipper too and LOVE a good deal. Way to go on your great finds!

brian hunter said...

Great blog - I've heard of Extreme Pita and that its pretty good. Are they the company that gives you the nutritional information right on the receipt?

C.lee Rand said...

Okay Ms. Katy, $3.50 for a 350 calorie pita that satisfies ? ? ? Count me in. Marsha and I will be there right after we try the ribs in New York. Happy to learn you made it to AZ alright.