6.24.2008

That'll do...

So I've been suffering from blog block lately...I just couldn't figure out what to write about since absolutely nothing exciting/interesting/frustrating/out of the ordinary has happened lately.

Until tonight...

As most of you may know I go to the gym probably 4 or 5 times a week.... When you go to the gym here...you can either do cardio or weights....(not the free standing weights like you see in the gyms in the movies...but more like resistance machines)...and when it's really busy you sometimes have to wait for someone to finish using the machine that you need. Also, when you are doing the machine you do 3 sets of whatever it is you do...so I would do 15 arm lift thingies...then I would wait for 30 seconds before I did the next set and then the third set....make sense. So often times you look around and there are just people sitting on machines. I was doing one such arm machine tonight and I noticed from across the gym this guy was staring at me. Not just staring and then he would looked away...full on...not pretending he wasn't...staring. Slightly awkward because...as you can well imagine...I am not looking my best while working out. I wear these nasty black workout clothes...I literally tie my hair in a knot on the top of my head...and I clip my bangs back so they don't drip sweat in my face....it is not a pretty sight. So...I just assume that this guy is anti-fat people...and that he just can't get over the fact that they would let ugly fat people into the gym. So I finish my machine and walk over to Ashlie and proceed to... as casually as I could...tell her about the weirdo staring at me. She said he had been looking at her too...and that only confirmed my previous assumption. So, we proceed to our cardio machines....Ashlie does the elliptical which is 4 rows behind the bike machine I use. I am every so casually listening to my ipod and pretending to watch CSI-Miami via subtitles when I realize that his man is now standing in front of my machine and talking to me. I couldn't hear a word due to the Wicked soundtrack being blared in my ears...so I took the headphones off and said..."What?"...and he comes and stands right by me and says..."I think I know you from somewhere"....sure...sure, you do buddy... so I said..."No, I don't think you do..I just moved here about a month ago"... and he says..."From where?"..."Illinois"..."Oh, so there is nowhere I know you from?" ...and I just said..."Nope"...thinking that would end it and he says..."So, what is your name"....keep in mind that I am not cool and collected...I am drippy and disgusting...and pretty much confused.."Katy"...and he says..."I'm JP...I guess I'll see ya around"..."Sure" I said. Then he drops this bomb on me..."Or, do you want to go out sometime?"..."Ummm...what?" ..."Well, do you have a boyfriend?"..."No, no boyfriend" and he continues.."So, do you have your phone on you so I can give you my number"...."Ya, I keep it in my sports bra so I can ruin it with sweat damage...let me get it out for you"...ok, that's not what I said...I did say "No, I don't have it on me at the moment"..."Well, let me go get something to write on and I will give you mine." And he walks away...and I am completely confused and all I want to do is laugh hysterically...for two reasons...one is obvious, this sort of thing has never ever happened before...I can't manage to get asked out when my hair is done and I have normal clothes so this situation is most definitely unfamiliar...and second...I can't help but picture Ashlie's face as she is a few rows behind me witnessing this whole debacle....wide eyed and ready to run over to the bikes and find out exactly what just happened. But...I had to keep my cool because he is undoubtedly coming back with the number...and sure enough he did and he told me to call him tonight and maybe we could do something. I agreed and that was that.

Funny huh...and here is the picture to prove it all...in case anyone had any doubts...

18 comments:

Kevin said...

Haha! That's quite the interesting story. Was he wearing a denim vest?

...Seinfeld joke...

I can just imagine it in my head, with Ash watching in quiet wonder. So, Kitten, is JP GQ?

Sarah Harward said...

OH MY GOSH!! If you do call him, don't let him come to your house, and don't meet him somewhere alone! I'm sure that's common sense, but still, this seems like a plot of a movie where the guy is a psycho stalker and obsessed and ends up cutting the girls hair in her sleep so he can smell it and weird stuff like that! Pretty good for the ego though, huh?

p.s. I love you blogs new look! SUPER CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, first thought - What are you doing blogging at 12:55 am. I thought you were going to get to bed early!
Second thought - oh my gosh! I totally agree with Sarah - BE CAREFUL! Don't call him until you get to know if a little first. As good as it is for the ego - usually guys don't just come up and ask you out without at least trying to get to know you first! Have you ever seen him before? BE CAREFUL! (I know I sound like an out-of-touch mom, but I have seen too many of those "To catch a predator" segments)

Anonymous said...

of course that last anonymous comment wasn't anonymous, it was me! I keep hitting the wrong button on the comment thing!

Anonymous said...

So, was he a 'hottie'? I want a description!

Anonymous said...

What color tic-tac would he be?

Laura said...

Love that post, you crack me up. I could see the whole thing play out as I read it. How funny!! I'm sure we are all wanting a detailed discription as to his looks. You go girl!!!!

Alanna said...

That post cracked me up. My mom had to come in and see what I was laughing about. I want a follow up post if you do indeed call him or if you have another run in with him in the gym...

Alayna said...

HAVE YOU CALLED HIM YET??

Anonymous said...

Ha, this cracked me up! And it cracked me up even more reading Sarahs comment.

Kyle said...

Maybe he has a thing for black workout clothes and sweat? You should call him and meet him somewhere in your workout get-up with perspiration running down your face.

tacy said...

wow.... 12 comments and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. That is more commendable then the gym thing!
I'll keep my eyes on America's Most Wanted for you.

Anonymous said...

dear katy, your story made me laugh louder than i should have more than once. i agree with kyle, you should just wear your black workout clothes whenever you wanna pickup guys. and i also agree with joan, we're gonna need some kind of a physical description, don't leave us hanging like that. lastly, i agree with tacy, 14 comments in less than 24 hours has got to be some kind of a record.

Anonymous said...

and just to help that comment record, i'll post another.

FROM JACOB

Wilkerson Family said...

ok so i haven't been online forever. I really like your new lay out, very cute. And I liked your picture of the burning house. Drew said it was 114 on Saturday. Guess whos AC wasn't working.... Drew was mad to say the least. And your gym story is crazy. You'll have to keep me updated on what happens with that. It sounds like a movie plot.

Wilkerson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Christiansen said...

Man, getting a boy's number rocks! It is the best and most terrifying feeling. Even if you don't call him back, at least you know he wanted you :) You are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How cool. I knew one of you would meet some hottie at the gym. But, I dont like this all. For two reasons....1) I dont want to see Christina Applegate playing you on a lifetime movie 2) Now you will never come back to IL.