6.30.2008

Senior Citizen Club...

I don't have anything really nifty to blog about...but I hate it when other go too long in between blogs...and I would hate to be hypocritical...

With my gym membership comes one training session a month with a physical trainer...and today was my day for my session...and my trainer...whose name is John and he looks IDENTICAL to Napoleon Dynamite....works in the mornings...so all his sessions are at 7 or 8. Mine was at 8...so I get up early (unfortunately 7:30 has become early for me) and I head to the gym for my workout. I tell the perky little receptionist behind the counter that I have an appointment with John and she pages him for me. I waited for 5 minutes and John never shows up...She tells me to go ahead and start my workout and she would send him my way. Well, a few minutes into my cardio workout he heads over and informs me that my appointment is actually tomorrow....suck huh....But, I did get my workout over with in the morning, so I guess that was a good thing. Also, 90% of the people working out at 8 in the morning are 55+....so on the weight machines I kept having to move the weight up from 10 or 20 pounds to 45 or 50....that was nice. I might just make a habit of this so I can feel strong and buff...

I made the yummiest bread yesterday...it is an onion bread and you make this caramelized onion dip to eat with it and it was so yummy....I think I will post the recipe for everyone later...

Well, this was sort of a disappointing blog...nothing very exciting at all...maybe next time I'll try to post a political or religious rant like Kyle does ... or maybe some fun and exciting adventure like Sarah and Amanda...but...I make no promises....

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Well, exciting blog or not. At least you had a funny picture to go with it.

Speaking of Napoleon Dynamite, did you know Dustin did a screen test with Jon Heder before he was famous, for a movie Dustin made at BYU? Yeah. Check it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H878r4RlPU

It's not incredibly exciting, but nifty nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it was lame. But I do resent the picture and the insinuation that anyone 55+ looks like that (not that I am 55 yet)!
I do want the recipe for the onion bread. It sounds yummy! Don't get too ranting with your blogs - I like them the way they are.

Alayna said...

Ok, so I have been out of town for a while and have missed out on your blogs. OH MY HEAVENS!!! What's the deal with this JP guy? You kissed him? Oh Katy, Katy. You are too much!

tacy said...

how come my blog didn't make it into the example section?

Unknown said...

Ok what is it with you and your sister cooking this week. Recipes ladies I need recipes!!! Your blogs are never dull I am always happy when I see you have posted.

Anna said...

I am totally jealous of your ability to stick to a work-out schedule at the gym. That is something I have started several times and quick just as many.

WAY TO GO!

Hopefully I'm not 55+ by the time I get the hang of it.

Wilkerson Family said...

Napoleon Dynamite... I don't think I'd be able to focus on the work out. :)