6.24.2008

Update...


I do realize I left a few details out of this little story...so I will catch you up...


As far as what he looks like...he is a little taller than me...black...and has glasses...that is all I really remember... he had black shorts on and a maroon t-shirt...but I assume that isn't his dress of choice...
As far as calling him...I didn't call him that night and I wasn't planning on ever calling him because the whole situation was just bizarre...but after counseling with my sister for a few minutes....she convinced me to at least text him...so this is what I said...(well, Ashlie typed it because I was too nervous)..."Hey, this is Katy from the gym...I'm busy tonight but now you have my number" and then he responded with "Sounds good...I will call you tomorrow"...
And that he did...at 9 a.m....needless to say I was sound asleep and didn't get his message until later...but he did leave a voice mail that said...well honestly...I couldn't understand maybe anything but 10 words cause he has some sort of accent..but it was something about going to work, but he wanted to talk sometime and get to know me better...
And he did...call me back tonight at around 8:30 and we talked for about 10 minutes...he seems like a really nice....he is a counselor for teenage boys and girls...he has lived in Arizona for the past 13 years (but I couldn't understand where he said he lived before that...I was on my cell phone in my car)...he asked if I was surprised that he gave me his number and I said that I definitely was and he said some crap about how he thought I was very attractive and he had thought he saw me looking at him too...He said it never hurts to meet people and get to know them ....whatever that means...well...I know what it means...I just don't think he is completely truthful... We talked a little more about why I had moved to Arizona...if I like it and if I was surviving the heat...just 'on-the-surface' sort of stuff...
So, he said he wanted to get together sometime to get a drink... then he asked me if I drank alcohol and I said...Ya, I tip back a few every now and again...and we are going out for margaritas tomorrow....
Ok, he did ask if I drank and I said no...but he said that was fine and he just wanted to meet sometime to talk and get to know each other...so...we are going to meet somewhere tomorrow after he gets off work....which is around 3:30 or 4...so it is still daytime and not as scary as meeting up at night would be...
So that is that. He seems like a nice guy so far...but I've only talked to him for a total of maybe 15 minutes and I'm sure even Ted Bundy seemed nice for the first few minutes...
I think it will be ok ... I will keep you posted on what happens...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ted Bundy was nice for a lot longer than 15 minutes! You did say you weren't going to meet him anywhere alone...so where are you meeting? I hope you can understand him when you talk face to face. It could be awkward having to always say, "Huh?" or just nodding like you know what he is saying, but not having the faintest clue. You never know what you might be agreeing to! He has been there 13 years? How old is he? Do I sound like your mother? Be very careful and 'remember who you are.'

Anna said...

Katy- YOU ARE HILLARIOUS!!! That post made my day (just the way you wrote it and the funny way you tell the story). I read it to Marcus (who totally remembers you from EFY by the way) and he got a good kick out of the Ted Bundy comment.

tacy said...

well kit kat no bake. good luck. i'll expect a call before a blog so I can carefully construct the comment I'm going to leave. and if you ask me you should go ahead and have a few drinks, it'll lighten the mood.

tacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

take a rape whistle

tacy said...

the comment that was removed by the author (if that shows up) was me accidentally hitting the publish button twice.

Kevin said...

Just tell me where you're gonna be registered at, so I can send some pots and pans, k?

He sounds like a nice guy. But, good point Katy. just stay public and at arms length. ;)

And as the kid on Win a Date With Tad Hamilton says, "Guard your carnal treasure."

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are having an adventure. It's about time a guy got up the courage to tell you how beautiful you are. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I will be waiting to hear how it all turns out. I think you should snag a picture of him so you can put it on your blog. Have you googled him yet?
Alanna