6.09.2008

Psst....look at this....

The other day I was at work and I was working at the front of the store greeting and folding shirts. At one point this older gentleman...probably in his late 60's early 70's comes in. I thought this was a little weird because usually when men come in they are with their girlfriend/mother/sister/wife (for those of you that may not know...I work at Lane Bryant which is a clothing store for plus size women)....they don't come in by themselves. Nevertheless....I greet him and ask if I could help him find anything. He hands me an envelope with some sizes and styles on it and tells me he needs to get some underwear for his wife. I haven't been trained in the Cacique (that's the fancy label for our 'intimates' section) department so I took him over to Stacy to have her help him and then I dutifully headed back to my post. A few minutes later he his heading out the door with his little bag of panties and I asked if he found everything he wanted. He said..."Yes...and look at this..." and he walks over to me with almost a little bit of embarrassment in his face, opens his bag and... amidst the slew of beige granny panties...sits this cute little lacy purple pair of underwear." It's all I can do to not bust up laughing...but instead I maintain my composure and say "Wow...that is a really nice color..." and he says
"...I'm sure I'm gonna hear about this tonight..."


7 comments:

Alanna said...

that's hillarious. I love your funny stories on your blog.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute story - and the picture you added is perfect! I can just picture that cute couple when he got home, both a little embarrassed, but knowing that there was still some 'spark' left!

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

Aww! How cute is that?

tacy said...

funny stuff! cute little old men. Old men are great, old women are grouchy.

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

You are so sweet Katy. We are doing great, just being LAZY. I love this story. It is too funny. I hope that Arizona is treating you well!

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is so funny, i also agree with tace, old men are cute and old women are grouchy!

Candace said...

This made me bust out laughing.