3.30.2011

Day 30...

Someone you miss:


Is it possible to miss someone you never knew?  Or rather...don't remember at all?  I think it is...therefore I miss my Grandpa Nelson.  He died when I was super young...I do have pictures of us together when I was probably 2...but I don't have any memories of him.  I think the universe did me a huge disservice by letting him die before I got to know him....him and my Grandma Nelson both...the stories I've heard about both of them...I think I could of benefitted having them around! 

5 comments:

mom said...

This makes me cry. The picture doesn't show you sitting on top of him. He was sleeping on the floor and you so kindly made a necklace for him, put it over his head, then sat on top of him. I wish you could have know them too!

Kathy N said...

Remember how we (or at least I) always thought this was a picture of an Indian. Haha
I too wish I could have known them.

tacy said...

Darn it! That was Tacy N, not Kathy N!!

Stacie said...

I feel the same way about my Grandma. Its strange to miss someone you don't have any memories of. It makes me think we were really close to them before.

mom said...

Dear Katy, Please don't stop! How about 365 days of knowing you better?