2.27.2009

When life gives you lemons...

...blog about what a crappy day it's been and include a recipe for lemon bars!

It is 10:30 am exactly and it has been a fairly crappy day. The first person I talked to on the phone today told me exactly what I did wrong and how upset he was about it (granted...this guy wasn't as bad as he usually is...he has yelled at me before using lots of profanity...this time was a little more subdued with no swearing) and then the first file I opened to invoice today had a little note on it telling me what I did wrong...as though I did it on purpose. (Don't get me wrong...I can handle constructive critisism...I want to know what I do wrong...I just don't want it to be made out to be like I'm the only one who has ever messed up around here...and over something small) I'm the only one in the office today...so I get to deal with all the mistakes of the week...and to top it off...I've not had a Pepsi in 2 days and unless I continue to not have one until Sunday, I will owe Ashlie a quarter.

But...on to yummier things. Here is a recipe for some really really good lemon bars I made the other day.

1 lemon cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 c butter - melted
1-8oz block of cream cheese
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Mix the cake mix, 2 eggs, and the melted butter together and press into a greased 9x13 pan. Then mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and egg together and put on top of bottom layer.
Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until top is browned a little.

I overcooked this, so the bottom was a little too brown...but...oddly enough...we still managed to eat the entire pan.

12 comments:

Lisa and Dan said...

mmm...I love lemon bars! Congratulations on the 2 days without pepsi. I tried doing the whole no sweets thing, and that's about how long it lasted for me. Good luck extending that to Sunday. Only 2 more days, You can Do it! Anyway, I hope the rest of your day turns out better.

Lisa and Dan said...

I just realized there is no lemon in your lemon bars. Is that a mistake or are they just not lemony lemon bars?

Lisa and Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy Wilson said...

I meant lemon cake mix...i will fix that right now...

Anonymous said...

Way to make a crappy day lemony! Hope the weekend is better.

Anonymous said...

not to be picky, but when you say 'i should of' i think you really mean 'i should have'

tacy said...

I'm sorry you're day was bad!

Alanna said...

Sorry your day was bad. I loved your title! Today was one of those "lemon" days for me! If you look at my facebook status you'll see why! Sometimes life is too short and can change in the blink of an eye!

Sarah Harward said...

I'm sorry your day was bad too, and I'm sorry the anonymous commenter continued with the theme of your day and corrected your grammer. Way to kick a girl when she's down. Anyway, I'm excited to try your lemon bars. I LOVE lemon bars (ever since I had Landon) but I've actually only made them from a box.

Sarah Harward said...

p.s. if that anonymous commenter was your mom, them I'm sorry and was just joking (because mom's have a right to say stuff like that) but if it wasn't your mom, them i'm not sorry and I wasn't joking...

Wilkerson Family said...

I hate it when I have days like that. I'm suprised at how many angry emails I get about primary. Ok they aren't all the time and it's just one person, but I dread it when I see her name in my inbox... And I really liked Sarah's comment. How funny. Thanks for the lemon bar recipe.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! I am sorry about your bad day. :) Love ya!