2.17.2009

Then my world came crashing down...


Me and Ashlie decided we needed to get a pita last night for dinner. We were both closing at Lane Bryant...so we were just going to stop right after work. We got there, walked in the door, and Ricky (Whose real name is Rudolfo, but we call him Ricky) says "Wait, you might not want to come all the way in, we are out of falafal and gyro (he knows that is what Ashlie and I always get)...then he adds this little tidbit of information "And...we are closing...like...going out of business." WHAT!?! He said they have just been really slow lately and they were going to be closing. We asked if he knew when they would be and he said "Well, it was supposed to be today." WHAT WHAT!?! So, we didn't even get a farewell pita...not one last meal to prepare us for a life without Extreme Pita across the street. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do! We went to Subway that night, since it is right next door, but it's not the same. The food is good, but it's not the same, and the people that work there are not friendly and nice like the guys at Extreme Pita were.
Life as I know it is over.

8 comments:

tacy said...

I'm so sorry Katy! Now you'll never see Carlos again for sure!

Sarah Harward said...

How incredibly depressing! I checked your blog about a half hour after I talked to you on the phone. And when I saw your title I was wondering what so terrible could have happened that you didn't tell me on the phone. I was relieved to see it was that Extreme Pita is going out of business (but I'm still very sad for you!)

Anonymous said...

My sympathies.

Jessie said...

Oh my dear sister, I'm so sorry for your loss.

We're All Wright said...

Oh I love falafal! I had it in the Holy Land and couldn't get enough of it because it was so good. But I haven't had it since! I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I love gyro's they are my favorite!! :(

Alayna said...

Oh, what a sad day!

Wilkerson Family said...

:( that stinks