2.20.2009

Can't...stop...blogging...

I have wanted to post these pictures in a blog for everyone to see this super cute present I got from Tacy for Christmas...and I am just now getting around to it...

For Christmas, Tacy made me 12 pillowcases...one for every month! Cute huh! I'm sure pillowcases aren't much compared to her amazing button up shirt she sewed...but I still wanted to show them to everyone.

In the picture above is October, July, June (I think, I mix up April, May and June), January (because I 'love' unicorns and she couldn't think of anything else for January) and February, which is on my pillow right now.

Then in this picture is April, November, May, March, August, December and September.




And then here is something I need a little help with...
This is something I first noticed when I started doing my own laundry in college. I would put something in the wash that didn't have spots like that picture does, and it would come out of the washer with those 'grease' spots on them. I have no idea what they are and they usually come out if I wash it again (but sometimes it takes a couple washes, and that just wears out your clothes so I hate doing it) I was told that it was because I used powedered laundry soap, so I switched to liquid. Then I was told it was because I add the soap after I loaded the washer with my clothes, so I would fill the water and soap first, then add the clothes to the water. Then I was told it was because I washed T-shirts with jeans, so I do all my jeans seperately now. Then I was told it was because I use liquid laundry soap....

Needless to say I feel like I have tried everything and I am still nervous to pull my clothes out of the dryer because they might come out with spots on them. I have noticed that it is mostly my hoodies and cotton t-shirts that do this.


Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to try?


(This is in reference to the blog posted below this one: I have decided that since I LOVE giving things to people and making things, that I will make something for anyone who comments on that blog...since some of you don't have blogs to repost...the things I make are going to be so rockin cool that if you didn't comment on it you will regret it...period.)

8 comments:

Christensen Kids said...

I wish I knew what to do. We have the SAME problem!! It makes me so frustrated, I can buy a new shirt and BAM it has a spot. UHGGG!!
Let me know if you find anything helpful.

Laura said...

I used to have the same problem, I figured out that it was from the liquid fabric softener. If you do use that switch to dryer sheet and see if that helps.

Anonymous said...

I had also figured out that it is from the fabric softener. I decreased the amount I put in and it seems to help, or I go without it entirely and stick to dryer sheets. I have also found that when I have to wash it again, if I pre-treat it with Spray & Wash stain stick, it comes right out.

Wilkerson Family said...

Those pillow cases are really cute.

We had the same problem with laundry and stopped using fabric softener. I don't think we've had that problem since. You could always wash all your clothes by hand :) I mean it's not like you have a job or anything else to do right?....

Unknown said...

The pillow cases are so cute. I hate getting spots...I never knew what caused the spots but it makes sense to me. I feel the same way about giving things I love it and I think anyone who posts should get something. Great idea!!

Alayna said...

oh good! I do get to win a prize! Yippee!!

About the spot thing...the same thing happens to me. I have no idea why it happens or how to help you. sorry!

Jessie said...

is that my hoodie i gave you...?

tacy said...

well aren't I flattered!