1.05.2009

Excuse me...

I was on my way to work today when an advertisment came on the radio that went something like this:

Man: I never thought my marriage could get so cold so fast.
Woman: I love my husband, but he has become more of a best friend than a lover.
Different Woman: Things we good between me and my husband at first, but now there is just nothing there physically.
Another Man: There's just no spark anymore.

Announcer (in a sultry voice): Do you find yourself thinking the same things as these husband and wives do? Don't worry, you aren't the only one. Now...you can find exaclty who you have been looking for at blahblahblahblahblah.com
(note: that is not the real website, I just can't remember what the real one is)
blahblahblahblahblah.com...where thousands of husband or wives have found who has been missing in thier lives...blahblahblahblahblah.com...come find that person who puts the spark back in your life.

Am I missing something...or was that blatantly advertising adultery?
At first I thought that maybe it was going to offer some sort of counseling for couples who have 'lost the love'...but you could tell by the way the announcer was going on that it was no therapist...
Yikes...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!! What is wrong with people/society that even this can be acceptable! Oh My Gosh!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I am in shock!!!

Sarah Harward said...

WHAT THE HECK!! I'm appalled!! I can't believe that there are people out there who can justify this to themselves!! What is wrong with this world?

Wilkerson Family said...

There was a billboard in Chicago a while ago that said "life's short, get a divorce". I don't know what some people are thinking. It's scary.

Anna said...

This is so totally random, but one day I was flipping through the channels and I saw the guy (who is married, by the way) who created this online cheating service talking about it on some show. He claims it "strengthens marriages" as it gives you a way to cheat and not get caught, so it doesn't have to weigh on your mind and make your relationship strained with your spouse. WHAT?!?!?!

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your mom makes me laugh.