12.23.2008

Don't be ugly...

(That title goes out to Tacy, and maybe Nathan if he ever reads my blog, but he might not know the reference, even though he was always the one that it was being said to...)

A little while back I posted a blog about how Adele was coming to Las Angelos and how I really wanted to go see her but it didn't seem very realistic. Well...they just added Scottsdale Arizona to her tour!!!! That is just down the road from me!!! I am so so very very much much excited!!! For those of you who don't know her, here is one of her songs:





On another note...here is a little situation that happened at work and I don't know how I feel about it:

Monday night me and Ashlie were closing at Lane Bryant and some women walked in and they had a few little kids with them. One of them was a boy who was probably 4 years old and he was sort of rambunctious (no clue in the world how to spell that word, but I really wanted to use it so I'm not changing it). His mom kept telling him to sit down and stop playing with things. Then at one point she says..."Do you see that lady by the counter?" and he says "Yes" and she says "Well, she is going to spank you if you don't stop messing around. She is going to get really mad and she said she will spank you!"

I don't know how I feel about a mother telling her child I'm going to spank them. Most kids hate me and I don't want to give them another reason to be afraid.

8 comments:

Alayna said...

Yes, that is strange indeed. I would be offended! Maybe she just thought her son would be really scared of you...because you are pretty scary looking. KIDDING!!! You should have totally gone off on the woman and told her that you do not believe in spanking children...

P.S. What are you guys doing for Christmas?? You are always welcome at the Holbrook home for breakfast burritos in the morning and yummy Christmas dinner too!

Unknown said...

?? sounds like somebody doesn't have enough courage to stand up to her own kid. That kid will be walking all over his mother his whole life and it will be her own fault. It happens WAY TOO OFTEN. You don't even want to get me started....

Jessie said...

lol thats funny!

Kathy N said...

I love the Chasing Pavement video. Now that I have that said, I think you should have spanked that naughty monkey.
Ha! Shout out to Alayna

Christensen Kids said...

That's a little strange but funny.
PS I don't think I would ever say that to my kids, about you or anyone else

Kathy N said...

PUBLIC NOTICE: I did not make the comment about spanking the monkey. That was Tacy, signed in as me.

Sarah Harward said...

Did it work? Did the kid start behaving? If so, I just might start using that tactic, even if it is a bit unfair to the nice worker who would never spake someone elses kid.

Jennie said...

my kids love you! You know that. I have to admit that I have told my kids that workers would kick us out of a store if they did not start behaving. it worked.