1.23.2009

Uncharted* territory for me...


For all you political junkies out there...relish this...it is as close as I am getting to a political blog...ever...


My sister just called me a liberal wiener.

I am...beyond question...the most unpolitical person I know. I am so un-politically savvy that I am not even sure what makes a liberal a liberal. I mean...I have enough sense to read someone else's (simple) political opinion I know whether I agree or disagree with it, but I have no knowledge to form my own 'political rants'. Political debates might as well be in some lost language for me because I understand pretty much zero of what is being said. This is not because I haven't tried to learn it and to understand. I watch the news and would watch the debates and read Time and Newsweek and but I just don't get it. It's like trying to teach a tone deaf person how to sing on key...I just don't think it can be done.

There has been a lot of talk about the inauguration. Some loved it...some hated it...some were offended...some were excited...

Did I watch it? Yes. Did I understand it? Hardly. If I break it down into little sentences and think about it for a minute or two, some of it makes sense to me, but overall I just watched it so Tacy and Jake wouldn't think less of me.

What did I get out of the inauguration?

1. I felt bad for President Bush. I am ignorant enough to not even know why he is hated so much, but I can't help but feel bad for the guy.

2. I thought that guy who said the 'benediction' was a little outdated and sort of offensive...if you are going to choose to be offended that is.

3. Listening to Aretha Franklin sing the national anthem was almost as painful as looking at her hat.

And 4. The guy sitting to the left and behind Obama was really hot.


Nuff said. Don't judge me.
*Thanks Jake!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Oh Katy, this is such a GREAT blog!!

Anonymous said...

PS. Not to re-hash the grammar thing in this post too, but I think you mean uncharted territory(unexplored, unkown), rather than unchartered territory (without regulation, lawless).

Just sayin...

Wilkerson Family said...

) I really liked your blog.
I have a lot of opinions about everything, but I don't feel like I know enough to actually have a debate with anyone besides Drew. It's entertaining listening to people who are very vocal about their political views. Even though I often disagree. I hope Obama does well, but the media has been driving me crazy. They were talking about how the white house will never be the same and how Michelle has changed the roll of first lady forever. It hasn't even been a full week yet. I'm happy that the election is over. I’m interested to see how the next four years go.

tacy said...

I'm proud of you for searching for an opinion. And let it be known I called her a liberal wiener and myself a right-wing nutjob.

Alayna said...

I wish I could have seen more of the inauguration so I could see the guy behind the Pres. I too feel sorry for former Pres. Bush. I just think he is a cute old man (granted he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer)and gets a lot of crap from people. But I, like you, am not politically minded and don't really understand any of it.

P.S. I am FO' SHO' coming to your Superbowl party. GO CARDS!!

P.S.S. Your cuz Jake is my fave!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* I am proud of you for the honesty of your opinion. I don't pretend to know a lot about all of this stuff either so I keep my opinions to myself a lot more than I should at the fear of looking ignorant. I appreciated your post.