7.16.2009

An appropriate title just isn't coming to mind...

My attention span is ZERO today...hence the new blog...

Shortly after we moved in Jillian and her mom (I think) planted 6 plants in our front bed. After a few weeks they grew and hence became extrememly weedy. We figured we needed to get some mulch to keep the weeds down and hopefully help with keeping them a little wet. (But in 115 degrees it's impossible to keep any moisture at all in the ground)

So, Jillians parents bought us a few bags of mulch, and I deemed it my responsibiltiy to weed and mulch the bed.

Tuesday after work I put on my nasty jeans and an old t-shirt and I weeded our little garden in probaby 110 degree weather! Most of our weeds had thorns on them, so my hands are filled with little baby microscopic thorns. The mulch reaked of ...I don't know... something fiercely nasty and the ground had lots of nails in it and really sharp rocks. But let me tell you ... I loved every single minute of it!

Here is the finished product. Of course we are going to get a few more bags of mulch to finish it up, but it looks a heck of a lot better than it did! And for those of you who know...don't judge me that it doesn't look very good. I didn't have Orville to help with the leveling of the mulch!!

(I did say there were 6 plants, and there are, just not in this picture. Also, the bed is alot bigger than it seems, there is probably 4 feet inbetween each plant.)

7 comments:

tacy said...

haha! I was totally going to say "Orivlle wouldn't approve! Where was your measuring stick!" haha
that does look a lot better than it did!!

mom said...

I am so proud! When can you come and do something with our front gardens?

Laura said...

Looks good!!! I need someone to buy me plants and mulch so I can do some landscapeing around our house. Oh wait maybe it would be better if Jason would get the siding done first!!!!! ha ha

Jessie said...

Good job Kit!

JHayes said...

I was thinking the same thing, Orville with a garden rake (turned upside down of course) and a yard stick. Good times. Looks great Katy.:)

We're All Wright said...

I love green!!! First your money find in your older blog and then the plants... and of course your thumb!!!

Anonymous said...

nice job on weeding.