3.30.2009

Um...excuse me...

There are few things in this world that really really really bug me...know-it-alls...story trumpers...someone telling me that I'm in a bad mood or grumpy and I'm sincerely in a good mood...someone telling me I'm being selfish and I am going out of my way not to be...and the reason I'm writing this blog...being scolded for doing something that you didn't even do...

This happend to me today at work. Don't get me wrong...I can handle 'constructive criticism'...because how else are we to learn how to do something better. But today I got a call from a well-known company that we do work for and the guy told me we were basically on the black list for the way we have been handling their invoicing. (And of course, I do most of the invoicing for this company) He told me we can't hold on to a bunch of invoices and wait to mail them at one time. I told him we weren't doing that, he said we had to stop doing that, I told him we weren't doing that, he said was had to fix it or else our company was going to get red flagged. What am I suppossed to do? I can't fix it because I'm not doing it. I usually send out invoices 3 times a week. If I have an invoice for this company in my pile...I send it. I don't hold on to them at all. I tried to explain this to him, but wasn't going to happen. I'm just worried because obviously they see a problem, but I don't see how to fix that problem because I can't possibly get the invoices out any faster than I do...

...sigh...

8 comments:

Jessie said...

im sorry kitten. That is quite the pickle you are in

mom said...

How frustrating...

Unknown said...

Good luck with that. It doesn't sound fun to me at all. I hate getting scolded in any way shape or form.

Lisa and Dan said...

I would be so mad, and I'd probably have conversations in my head all day long after that with great, amazing things I could say to him to put him in his place. Of course, during the conversation, I would probably just sound stupid. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

tacy said...

well that's stupid!

Alayna said...

oh the drama at work these days! it is never-ending saga. i feel your pain!!!

Wilkerson Family said...

:( I hate it when that kind of thing happens. Especially when you're trying to explain something and the person you're talking too won't listen... argh.

Emily Christiansen said...

Email me your address please so I can send you your give-a-way surprise :)

Sorry about work. Not cool!
emma026@yahoo.com