3.14.2009

Air Freshener...



One of my favorite things about working at NRI was the smell of the greenhouses...(except maybe when the carrion flower was blooming...)

My favorite was when the little corner of citrus trees were blooming...and let me tell you...all of the orange trees in my neighborhood are blooming right now...

So, the little alleyway behind our house were only the garbage truck drives because that is where all the dumpsters are and it stinks to high heaven most of the time...it is now wonderful because everyones trees hang over the fences behind the house and it smell fabulous!

(FYI: these are my pictures...I'm no Tacy when it comes to photography...but I just wanted everyone to know they weren't the product of a google image search this time)

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Kudos on your photo taking skills & initiative.

Lisa and Dan said...

mmm...I love spring. I wish we had amazing plants like that here. Not that it really matters, because spring probably won't be here by the time we leave in July, know how the weather here can be (:

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful - and you were always good at taking pictures, anyway!

tacy said...

I miss the smell of Dad's greenhouses. The ones here just aren't the same, and smell like vinegar (which I don't really mind) half of the time.

Christensen Kids said...

I love the smell of spring. IT's so fresh!

Unknown said...

I am jealous.

JHayes said...

I hear you on the NRI Greenhouses. I've tried to recreate the effect with some fruit trees in my yard. I like to think your Dad would be proud of my meager efforts.