12.10.2008

I looked out the window and what did I see...

... a big tree full of yummy fruit just for me!
So in our backyard here in Arizona we have an orange tree! Well...I think it's not an orange, I think it's some sort of combination of an orange and another fruit...and I'm not exactly sure what...but let me tell you...THEY ARE GOOD! The other morning I was trying to find something easy to eat for breakfast on my way out the door...and I didn't have anything really...and then I remembered our orange tree in the back and how every morning I wake up and see tons of fruit all over it and I decided to try it. Yummy! I bring two to work every day now and they usually don't survive the mornings...

Another thing we have here in Arizona are these lovely speeding picture takers. They are mounted at lots of red lights and now they are all over the highways...
I always get very nervous when I drive by one....

It reminds me of this...

I don't believe I have every gotten my picutre taken...and I think you know when you do because it flashes at you. Ashlie got hers taken the othere day and so did a guy I work with. He was in a work truck so they sent his picture along with his $180 speeding ticket to the office. It's ridiculous really. Even if I did have my picture taken I don't know if I would even see the ticket because my car is still registered to my grandma's house in Utah...
Someone told me if you are 'out of state' they don't send you the ticket...
I don't know how much truth there is to that...but since my insurance is already out of control because of 2 extremely lame and unjustified speeding tickets I got over a year ago...I will try to keep my car out of state as long as possible just in case...
Even though I can hardly stand the fact that it says 'Utah' and not 'Illinois'...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some of your yummy fruit! I remember when we lived in California we had an orange, a tangerine and an avocado tree! Good luck keeping under the radar!
How come there are two blogs that say the same thing - I don't think that counts as 2 blogs, nice try though.

tacy said...

Scary! Those winged things with the boobs (which always embarrassed me as a kid cause it was the first nude I remember seeing). Plus I hope you don't die from the toxins they probably spray on your fruit tree. I was sad cause I was water #2 and I realized the orange tree had a full crop of oranges on it, it is so pretty with the waxy green leaves and the oranges and the oranges aren't even edible. Plus I'm pretty sure Sage and I both want to eat the bowling ball sized green fruit thingys in #2.

Alayna said...

Yeah, I had to post the second comment for clarification so it wouldn't seem like I was a dirty tramp. But in all reality, I should have just left off the clarification... That would have been MUCH better!

How are you guys doing?? We need to get together before Christmas. I have a little something for you guys. When are you leaving??

Sarah Harward said...

Now I totally want to watch 'The Never Ending Story'. It's been FOREVER since I've seen that movie. But just the other day I was thinking about that big flying dog and the rock eater. Ah, good times....
p.s. I wish I had an orange tree in my backyard!!! I just paid over $6.00 for a box of clementines!! They're yummy though, but I'm sure not as good as the 'straight from the tree' kind.

Wilkerson Family said...

Nothing beats free fruit.

I've heard if you have out of state plates and they take your picture that they don't send it. I've also heard that you have to be going like 14+ over the speed limit for the camera to take your picture. Maybe's it's changed, but I remember a news story about it. We had some red light cameras on our corner in Mesa. One weekend it was broken and taking pictures every few minutes. It freaked me out. How long can you keep your Utah plates? We had to change ours 30 days after moving here. Have you switched your residency to AZ yet? Switching everything is such a hassle. I'm always scared they're going to take my licence away. I don't know why I just am. Maybe it's because I had to take a written test in Idaho and it was all about cattle on the road and who's responsible when. Yikes.