8.27.2008

Movin on up...


I just thought I would let everyone out there know I got a new job!!!

I had applied for a job working in the office of a water metering company around the 4th of July. I obviously wasn't selected for the job...they called me a couple days ago and told me the girl they had hired didn't work out and they wondered if I still wanted the job. At first I told them no because I was just promoted to assistant manager at Lane Bryant...but then I hung up the phone...thought about it for two seconds and realized I would be stupid not to take the other job. It pays $3.25 more an hour than Lane Bryant does...I get benefits and paid holidays and also a paid day off a month...also it's full time so its a full 40 hours a week. Compared to 25-30 hours a week with no benefits and all that jazz...
I will still work a few nights a week at Lane Bryant (so I can still get my discount) because I do like working there...I just really can't live off of that job alone.

I start Tuesday and I'm pretty dang excited about it.

10 comments:

Alanna said...

congratulations! It sounds like a great job to have! Those full time with benefit jobs aren't easily found. I hope it all works our for you!

Sarah Harward said...

Okay, I really need a life, because I just got SOOO excited about your new job!! HOORAY FOR YOU!! That's so great. And now you have nice clothes to wear to work from working at Lane Bryant! That works out GREAT!!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

You already know how I feel about it! I am so grateful for answers to prayers!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!! Now will you get the metermaids outfit right away or have to work up to it??? haha just kidding!! You'll do great!!

Alayna said...

Congratulations! That IS exciting! There is nothing I love more than PTO...

Katy Wilson said...

FYI...it's not a meter company like a parking meter...it's a water meter company...like those water meter pumps that you see all over but youreally don't see them because they just blend in and are just a normal thing....anyway....
so no meter maid outfits for me!
and...the job is super casual...when i interviewed the lady was wearing a pair of jean capris and a grubby t-shirt.

tacy said...

congrats!

Wilkerson Family said...

SWEET!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats katy, i can't wait to hear about your first day!!

Unknown said...

Way cool! Good for you Katie!