8.07.2008

It was a good one...

I just thought I'd report in on how my birthday went...
It was a very active email day! I got 16 birthday greetings from Facebook...plus a few on my blog...also quite a few text messages and phone calls...so thank you for those...


As far as gifts go ... I got way too many! I didn't really expect anything from anyone except for my mom...cause she loves me a lot...
From my friend Alayna I got a box of popcorn, a blockbuster gift certificate, and a king size kit kat (not helpful for the biggest loser contest...but yummy nonetheless)and she made me a super cute homemade card with a picture of Clay in it!!!!!...from my roommate Alice's cute friend Annie I got a Coldstone gift certificate...again...YUMMY!... from my roommate Alice I got the DVD Amazing Grace...wonderful movie and here is a little bit of trivia...if you have seen that movie..or if you are going to...the girl in it that ends up marrying the main guy...she also was born Aug 6, 1982...my exact birthday!...from my sister Tacy I got Sharpie pens...and if you know me you know I LOVE sharpies...but these are special pens and they don't bleed through paper, so I can use them in my checkbook and stuff...sweet!...and from my mom I got a garlic press, crystal light packets, money (thank goodness) and a really cool tile thing that says "It takes Courage to grow up and become who you should"...I love it!
And, as you may know...a group of us went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and it was very yummy...but the melted cup of birthday ice cream pales in comparison to the divine German chocolate cake Ashlie made...oh my goodness it was AMAZING!!! I am almost embarrassed to say what was in it because I am part of the Porters biggest loser contest and it should not be allowed in the same sentence as that cake! Oh man...
So, there should be some fun birthday pictures to follow...


Oh, how could I forget, I assisted Jake in getting him an iPhone for my birthday....(ok, I had nothing to do with it) but he did provide me with a beautiful blog picture to look at...


So, in total, I received 8 things from my 26 thing list...and I think that is amazing since I didn't really need any of it! (I included a bulletin board in one of those 8 things because I went shopping that day to Hobby Lobby and used an old gift certificate that I had there to buy me one...so it counts as a gift! And, Shane gave me a free Pepsi at Extreme Pita...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good one!

Alayna said...

I too am glad you had a good day. It was fun hanging out with you guys. We definitely need to do it more often!