9.02.2008

Parentals and Storms...

I am a little behind on my blogging stories...

My parents came down and visited me on their way back to Illinois....and one morning we went to the Phoenix Botanical Garden...it was super hot...but not too unbearable because it was morning...and as a bonus...we got in free because my dad is a member of every horticultural society under the sun...

So, now this week my sister has been visiting me (Tuna...not Tacy) and I feel sort of bad because she has a minor fear of storms...and while Arizona ... from my experience...is pretty free of rainstorms...we do have a monsoon season and for a couple of days while she was here we had some pretty amazing lightening storms...
I took a video of the storm one night and it was pretty amazing....it was non-stop lightening...it sort of seemed like I was watching a movie with a war going on in the background because the thunder was was far away so you could just barely hear the thunder in the background...but you could see big flashes of lightening all over the sky...it is really hard to explain...and I tried to post the video but I have no clue how to do it...
(disclaimer...the following picture is not my picture...just a google image photo)

...soon to come....Tuna, Ashlie and my visit to Tombstone AZ...home of the worlds largest rosebush and a lot of other fun stuff..... stay tuned!

5 comments:

Wilkerson Family said...

I loved monsoon season. That's one of the things I'll miss... I wanted to go to the botanical gardens, but never made it. I guess they do a huge thing around Chrstmas that is supposed to be really cool.

Wilkerson Family said...

And what are you doing up at 1 in the morning?

tacy said...

yay! I thought you died!

Alanna said...

I would love to see the video! I love lightning storms. Utah gets them sometimes too and I like to sit out and watch them. Glad you are having fun with the family!

Unknown said...

Wow that sounds like a fun trip...next time I want to come.