3.28.2008

Drumroll please...

So, as most of you may know I have been working on moving for the past...oh...8 months or so. I will give you the short...and I mean short...version. In July of last year I decided to move to Arizona with my friend Ashlie in October. Well...I ended up pushing it off till January. Then, quite obviously, I ended up not moving at all. Plans sort of fell through. So, I was trying to figure out where to go from there when my former roommate from school, Alanna, asked if I wanted to be her roommate. Perfect...so we made plans to do that. But, work and other situations came up and so she wasn't looking for a new roommate after all. No problem. I planned on moving to Utah by myself and just making it work. Well, last week a couple of my friends from Arizona called and were telling me how I should move there and it would be fun and they know someone who needed a roommate and on and on...and it just clicked. I really did want to move to Arizona. I figured since I didn't have a job, and apartment or really any commitment to Utah, that I could just as easily switch to Arizona. So, I prayed about it and have been debating it and giving it great thought and I really think that is what I'm going to do. Wait...I know that is what I am going to do. So, Arizona here I come. I am moving either the first or second full week of May. I have no idea how to get all of my stuff down there, so if anyone has any great ideas that I may have missed, I'm open for suggestions.
I know people probably think I am crazy for changing my mind and not being able to stick with something...and I'm sure some probably think I am never actually going to move. But, rest assured, I am. In May. And I am so so so excited!
So, that's my news. I hope it's ok. Also, for those of you who knew Jenny and Drew Wilkerson, they have a blog page now! Finally! I have put the link to their page under my 'friends and such' section.

5 comments:

Wilkerson Family said...

You did read our entry about how ridiculously hot it is here, right?

Sarah Harward said...

I'm glad you're excited about going, but I'm sad that Arizona is SO FAR AWAY!!!! I was telling Steven that you were going to move to Arizona, and how I'm sad it's so far away, and he said 'Just tell her to move here!!' And let me tell you, I'm still thinking that would be a great idea!! Not sure that it would be the best thing for you, but I think it would be great for me! Plus we do have an extra room you are welcome to stay in until you figure things out. Not to make things harder for you to decide, but I'm keeping my ear out for jobs, just in case. Oh, and here's some BAD news. We can't come this week!! BOO-HOO!! I'm really sad. Steven is hoping we'll get out there the first or second week of May, which sounds like a bad time for you, but PLEASE come see me before you leave if I don't make it. PLEASE!!! Plus, in May Cooper might be there. So, check your calender and plan a good long time to visit me!!

Emily Christiansen said...

My sister Amy lived in Arizona for a while, and LOVED IT! She didn't want to leave when her husband's job moved her. I am so excited for you. When I moved and I had to take my car and all my stufff by myself I used a company called ABF and did their pods. It cost about the same as U-Haul (actually a little less) and they drive my stuff across the country for me. You have to load and unload the pod, but no big deal.

Kevin said...

Well, Kitten, I'm glad you're moving away from Olde Nauvoo. Most people should. Haha. I hear Arizona is hot and full of hot cops. Or at least one. Named Randi.

I've been doing myself a horrible injustice for many years now. It's how I roll. Give me an example of what I should post, then I shall try to accommodate you.

Been to any noisy, slightly good concerts lately?

Wilkerson Family said...

I'm so excited for you to come. Do you know where you will be living yet? I'm sad that we will be moving not too long after you get here... Drew will be teaching summer school in June so we will have to hang out a lot. Just try to make sure that when you move here you aren't living in the ghetto or the "humble" part of town as a friend described our area :)