3.21.2008

I'm surprised it took this long...

As most of you out there know...I am a dedicated dreamer. I have very vivid dreams every night and they have included people from my old gym teacher to the freaky squirell I named Dom (short for domestic) who used to run into our apartment back at school. Well, last night I finally had a dream with David Bowie in it. I can't believe it took me this long to have one with him, but it was nice. It also included my Uncle Cliff...and that is a first too! Here it goes...

I was at Caseys (the local gas station) and I was getting food from a buffet (there is not really a buffet at Casey's , just pizza) and I am scooping tons of strawberry shortcake onto a flimsy paper plate. I am trying to balance all these plates of cake when I turn around and who is standing behind me? David Bowie. I am absolutely in love and so I am trying to get Tacy's and Jessie's attention out in the car to bring in my camera. They were less than excited and so they wouldn't bring it it. Well, David was just as happy to see me as I was him so we are talking and he says "Hey, I have a camera" so he whips his camera out and proceeds to show me pictures of my cousins Max and Sesha (his kids) and I look up and all of the sudden it was my Uncle Cliff...but I was still super excited. The weird thing was, the pictures were pictures that I remember looking at a long time ago...when they were like 7 or 8 and I was just 3 or 4. So we are looking at these pictures and then Cliff 'turn's back into David Bowie...and of course...since this is a dream...that isn't weird to me. I kept trying to get Tacy and Jessie to bring in my camera, but they wouldn't. So, I just stood there with David/Cliff and looked at pictures until I woke up.

5 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

You've honestly never had a dream about David Bowie before? That's insane considering the fascination you have with him (even when he's creepy like in 'Labyrinth' j/k). I think it's funny how alike we are in just about every thing, except you ALWAYS remember dreams, and I NEVER do. Humm....that's odd....

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you think Cliff looks like David Bowie? Or that you think he is as 'hot' as David Bowie?

Anonymous said...

well i'm glad to see that you can mark "having a dream with david bowie and uncle cliff in the same dream" off your list of things do to before you die.

C.lee Rand said...

I'm not sure, but I think this may have been a nightmare rather than a dream. Just curious, were there any bats flying around in this dream?

Casey said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2L98gobTQ

Flight of the conchords-David Bowie song.

Check it out.

I too like plates of dessert