8.06.2009

It only comes once a year...


You know how we tend to round numbers to the nearest 5 or whatever...
For example...

"Crap Jillian...I'm going to be late for work again. Do you know what time it is?"
Jillian looks at her cell phone...and it says 8:13 so she says "Ya, it's 8:15"

Or, when you buy something for the house and it costs $15.74, then you come home and your three roomates ask you how much they owe you you just say "Oh, $4.00 each"

Or you found a great deal on a pair of jeans from Nordstroms and someones asks how much you saved and your receipt says "YOU SAVED $18. 93" and you say "I saved 20 bucks!!!"

Well... basically...I'm going to be 30 for the next 4 years! It's a little depressing!

But, I have had a luscious birthday so far...

*I woke up to a random thunderstorm this morning ... and I LOVE thunder!
*I opened my present from my mom and it was a Garmin GPS system...much needed and much loved!! And $50.00 for dinner sometime!
*I got a $50.00 gift card to Texas Roadhouse from my boss!
*Danielle and Brian bought me lunch!
*My bangs actually cooperated today and I don't look as much like a "kindergardener who got a hold of her moms scissors" as I did last week! (I'm even wearing them NOT pinned back today)
*I have an inbox full of coupons and free things for my birthday!

And it's only 1:30 in the afternoon!

I am having dinner with a bunch of friends tonight, and then maybe playing some games and swimming!

Here's to great birthdays!

15 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Stacie...if and when you read this blog...I'm just a re re at styling my bangs...even if they are not shorter than I am used to...

mom said...

You are not 30 any more than I am 60! I hope you have a fun time tonight...I would love to play games and go swimming!

mom said...

And concerning 'rounding'...remember dad always rounds up or down depending on if it something he wants or something I want...i.e, "Look at the cookie cutter I bought, it was only $40" (the price tag says $46.99) or "I don't think we need to pay $50 for new sheets" (The price tag says $45.00). So, really, you are only 25!

Katy Wilson said...

yes...i like that much more!!!
let's round down...

JHayes said...

Your Moms comment about your Dad reminded me of your Dad's ENORMOUS exaggerations that always made me laugh. Like, if the wind had been blowing for two days it was, "GADS!!, IS THE WIND GOING TO BLOW ALL SUMMER!!!??", or if Bill had only set fire to PART of the mulch pile it was, "GADS!!! BILL BURNED DOWN THE WHOLE COMPOUND TODAY!!" Good times.:) And a very happy happy birthday to you!

tacy said...

Jerry's comment made me laugh....really really really hard! And I'm still laughing. hahaha
And I've had to coddle people saying they are "old" for too long! you are NOT going to be 30!!! Or if so, I'm only 20 and that is NOT the case :)

Jessie said...

I'm twenty so i am just fine with my age for the moment.

Jessie said...

I read tacys blog, Happy Birthday!

Wilkerson Family said...

Happy birthday old timer ;). You're so funny.

Sarah Harward said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!! I thought about you quite a few times today and TOTALLY intended on calling, but ended up tackling a HUGE project at Amanda's and didn't get the chance. Not a good excuse, I know, but I did think about you and I love you dearly!!!! Glad your day was good!

Alanna said...

Sounds like you've had a great birthday! I never thought about rounding the ages...I guess I too, am 30! :(

I love the Texas Roadhouse! Eric and I really enjoy going there for dinner! We also like that you can call ahead so you don't have to go to the restaurant and WAIT FOREVER! Our Texas Roadhouse is SO busy the wait can be 1 1/2 hours on any given night. So, I am jealous of your gift certificate there!

Kevin said...

Happy Birthday Katy!

(even though it's not your birthday anymore...)

Laura said...

Hope you had a super Birthday. I love b-days. I am wondering though if when you said it was 1:30 in the after noon was it really 1:26?

Christensen Kids said...

Well seeing as we are the same age, minus a couple of weeks, I'm right there with ya! Glad you had a good day!

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a good birthday. I love you!! :)