5.02.2009

It's about that time...

I don't have a whole lot to blog about...but here is a few new things that have been going on:

When Tacy was visiting me, the greatest desire of her heart was to see a lizard. We didn't see any at the Desert Botanical Garden (probably because it was raining) and we didn't even see any on South Mountain. But, the DAY AFTER I took her to the airport, I came home from work and what do I see.....not popcorn popping on the apricot tree...but rather this:

A gigantic fatty lizard right by my mail box (which is right by my front door)!! I look up from my purse where I had been digging around for my key, and I was paralyzed with fear for about 2 minutes. I thought about just going in my house anyway, but I didn't want it to jump on me. I thought about yelling for Alice to come get it, but I didn't want to scare it by yelling and have it jump on me. Alice eventually saw me standing outside the door, staring at the mailbox, and she came and shooed (??) it away....

Sorry Tace...

In other news, me and Ashlie and our two friends Whitney and Jillian have been house hunting for the past few weeks. It is NOT FUN! The idea of a new house is fun, and looking at cute, empty, clean houses is fun, but it's not fun to have to made decision, and figure up rent, and all four of us agreeing on things (actually, that hasn't been to much of a problem). Pretty much all of our leases are up at the end of May, so we are trying to get something finalized by the beginning of this next week because all of them will have finals coming up, Whitney and Jillian have graduation, and we just want to have a house with a deposit down so we can stop looking.

I put in my two weeks at Lane Bryant, a week ago. So this is my last week! I have to work tomorrow (yuck) and then Tuesday I think, and that is it!! I am so excited to finally have one job, and be done by 5. I can't think of the last time I only had one job (except in college, but that doesn't count cause school is a job really). I had 6 W2's for my taxes last year. That just seems ridiculous. And that doesn't include the violin lessons I taught. YUCK!! So, this will give me the opportunity to expand my extra curricular activities. Maybe, even be so brave as to try out for the Tempe Symphony Orchestra...just a thought...

So, that's it in a nutshell...pretty uneventful...pretty lame...but what can I say...

5 comments:

mom said...

It may be uneventful, but still stressful. I am glad you are down to 1 job...and even more excited that you would even mention trying out for the Tempe Symphony. Better dust off that violin!

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding a house, what a pain. I agree with Mom, you should definitely try out for the symphony.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the house hunting. :)

tacy said...

I'm freakin PISSED...ummmmm, I mean MAD! I wanted to see that lizard!! (remember that one time I was like Oh, I love fro..AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! haha, that is what the "I didn't want it to jump on me" reminded me of). Try out for the orchestra!!! I bet you are going to regret even mentioning that!

Jessie said...

cute little lizard.. and I agree with Tacy, try out of the orchestra!