11.24.2008

There's more where this came from...

I made two delicious things yesterday and I felt that everyone needed the recipe's for them. I can only post one at a time because I don't have the recipe for the soup in front of me...but I do have the one for the Lemon Cream Cake memorized.

1 pkg Angel Food Cake
1 pkg instant lemon pudding
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. sour cream
1 can cherry or strawberry pie filling

Bake cake and then cut into bite size chunks and put in a 9x13 pan.
Mix pudding, milk and sour cream together and then spread over cake pieces.
Spoon pie filling over the top of that.
Chill.
Eat.
Enjoy.

This was SO EASY and SO YUMMY. And, if you use sugar free pudding and sugar free pie filling...and since angel food cake is already really low in fat...this deseret isn't that bad for you...as far as deserts go.

Following shortly...Vegetarian Vegetable Alphabet Soup....SO GOOD!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, but do you think it would be just as good with another kind of pudding? I HATE lemon pudding.

Katy Wilson said...

i think that the cheesecake flavored pudding would be super good...but i imagine any flavor would be great...as long as it went with the pie filling...

Wilkerson Family said...

that sounds good I'll have to try it. I'm always looking for good desert recipes.

Sarah Harward said...

Yum! Sounds great! You mom left a comment on my blog that you'll be home at New Years. How long will you be home for? I was thinking of trying to come visit, but we'll have to see with Steven's work schedule. When do you head back to AZ? Our last two trips to Nauvoo have been canceled, due to this pregnancy (I'm blaming my panic attack of my kids dying on the pregnancy, because surely I wouldn't be that irrational if I weren't pregnant. Right?) Anyway, we'd love to get out there, and if you'll be there, all the better!!

Anonymous said...

YUM!

tacy said...

good stuff. I made some really good chocolate chip cookies yesterday and they were crunchy on the outside but nice and soft on the inside. i'm sure they only turned out because I used my handy dandy new kitchenaid (not really, but the recipe did come in the kitchenaid owners guide thing)

Anonymous said...

Not a comment about your blog...

It has definitely been way too long since we've seen each other, and I feel like we need to change that. If you're offering letter shaped pancakes, then maybe I'll see what I can do about a layover (a real layover) in Phoenix next time I'm headed out west. That might hold us over just little until we get some REAL hangout time.

PS. What's your email? I feel like this comment belongs in an email, not on your blog...

Loves...