11.20.2008

Shocking...


I'm sure those of you out there who are faithful blog keeper-uppers...when you are going through your day and your routine...if you are anything like me at all...when you come across interest situations, funny ones, a crazy story, or something that upsets you...you think...'Ok, I'm going to write a blog about this'...
I have had this blog rolling around in my head for while now...but I was trying to think of how to make thi stupid little fact into a cool blog...and I can't...but here it is anyway...
You know how when you walk around on your carpet with no shoes just socks on...and if you scootch your feet across without picking them up...you can shock yourself or someone...
Well this happens to me ALL THE TIME here at my office. And when I say all the time I don't mean 90% or 95% of the time, I mean 100% of the time. Every single time I walk through a doorway in the office and I touch it...I shock myself. And sometimes it is a big shock and I pass out fromt he current...not really...but sometimes it is strong enough that it makes my finger ache for the next little while. The weird thing is...my boss never has his shoes on in the office, alway just his socks and he NEVER gets shocked, and neither does anyone else.
I have decided that the best thing to liken it to is an Operation game. I have to be very careful not to accidentaly grace the doorway with my hand or touch it when I lean in to talk to someone...because I will inevitably get shocked...and I don't know what to do about it.
Sometimes when I am walking by a doorway...I touch it very slowly on purpose because it is cool to see the electricity jump from my finger to the door...very 6th grade science project like...but cool none the less...

10 comments:

Alayna said...

That is so funny because I have the same problem! Maybe there is just extra electricity in the air in AZ.

Laura said...

You could attach dryer sheet to your feet.

Alanna said...

Funny that I am reading this right now. We just finished today with our 6th grade science fair! What a day! :) I too often think "I need to blog about that." I admit, I'm addicted to blogging.

Sarah Harward said...

Do you guys not wear shoes in your office? Or does this happen with your shoes on? If you don't have to wear shoes in your office, than I think you've got it better at that job than I realized!!

Katy Wilson said...

i do not have to wear my shoes...my boss never does...most of the time i leave mine on...but that cute pair of purple ones sometimes get uncomfrotable after 12 hours of working in them...so sometimes I take them off at the office

Lisa and Dan said...

I disagree with Alanna. I dont think it's just an Arizona problem, because everytime I get out of the car and put my hand on the door to shut it, I get shocked. Also, I like to touch Dan's nose sometimes for fun, and that last few times i have done it, I've shocked him. Pretty funny yes. I don't know what to do about it either. Perhaps its a good thing...it gives you a good story to tell people.

Anonymous said...

its just your electrifying personality!! sometimes if you touch something wooden, it will tak the shock away. i think its fun to shock. my kitties would tend to disagree....

Marty Steen said...

I get shocked in my house EVERY DAY! I think it's just those of us with electric personalities! I do hate it though and I keep worrying that I am going to blow up my laptop because I get shocked 4 or 5 times when I get up to put it down, the winter is making it worse. I have no idea what to do.

Unknown said...

um...that last post was me. Marty was logged into my laptop and I didn't know it. I only do that to you Katie.

Wilkerson Family said...

That's funny/strange. And your boss doesn't wear shoes? It sounds like a fun work enviornment.

Thanks for the potato idea.