9.18.2008

I got ink done...and lost my car insurance...

I do apologize for going A-wall on my blog...I just haven't had a whole lot going on... but I will update you on the few things that are new.

First...I got a tattoo...of course the picture up top is not an exact replica...but it is a butterfly and it is on the back of my neck...Ok...not really...but about a week ago at work (Lane Bryant) I stabbed myself with a felt tip pen and it made a dark black circle...and it is still there...I can't get it to go away...and I fear it may be permanent...


Here is an example of what my job is like. I work for a company called Metering Services and my part of the job is to schedule back flow prevention tests for companies and contractors who need back flow assemblies tested... The above picture is what the technicians do (I assume...I've never actually gone out and see what it is to test an assembly) and the picture below is the program I use all day long...I just happened to find a picture of it on google and so now if you really want to picture what I do all day...just look at the picture below... It took me quite a while to get used to it...it is sort of confusing...but I really enjoy what I do and I am catching on quickly...

In other news...My lame-o insurance company cancelled my frickin policy. I signed up on August 7th and I got a letter a few weeks later saying that they were happy to serve me...but my policy has been cancelled due to the 2 speeding tickets on my record....

I just have a couple questions...

1. Why is it that when I went it to inquire about a policy and gave them my name and drivers licence number and all that jazz...they didn't see my two tickets on my record. It's car insurance for crying out loud...you'd think that would be the first thing they look for...and that is why I think I might not of mentioned them when I went it...I just assumed they would know that....

2. Is it really that impossible to have car insurance with 2 speeding tickets on my record...and one of them being OVER a year ago? I mean...seriously...I know there are people out there with WAY worse than two...

So, naturally I have been calling the company and they keep giving me the run around saying that 'oh ya...I just don't know how this could happen...let me give you a call back in about a half an hour'...well...guess who is still waiting for that call back...

What I have concluded from my few calls with them is that I am actually not cancelled...but that the two tickets didn't show up when they looked me up because they looked up Katy...not Kathryn...and some other bull crap. They said they could keep me on my current policy rate for the next 6 months...but it would go up after that. But they keep saying that they need to make sure that there will be no more issues...and they will call me right back...

Bull...

And...I just got a letter from my bank saying that they were informed that my insurance was cancelled and so that jeopardize my loan since I have to have insurance to have a loan...

Lovely...

So that is what I've been trying to fix for the past couple weeks...on top of working almost every day from 8am to 9:30 pm....

If anyone has any suggestions about who is a good insurance company who isn't going to flake on me...I'm open for suggestions...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call All State! And remember, when you are dealing with things like insurance, taxes, banks, etc., you always use your legal name (Kathryn) not a nickname. Love you!

Anonymous said...

one more thing...how in the heck do you "stab yourself in the back of the neck with a felt tip pen"? I can see on the arm or hand, or even a leg, but in the back of the neck?!

Katy Wilson said...

I guess I forgot to mention that I stabbed my self with on my finger...not my neck and I DID call State Farm and we just keep playing this obnoxious game of phone tag and which agent can schmooz the best when they are on the phone with me...I'll call today

Wilkerson Family said...

I'm sorry about the insurance thing. That stinks. And I'm sorry that you got stabbed with a pen. I got stabbed in the arm with a pencil in 5th grade. Some stupid boy turned around in line with it and nailed me. I still have a mark. But I'm not bitter.

I'm also happy that you updated. I figured you had been really busy. But I really do enjoy reading your blog. You're so good at keeping it funny and current. Make sure you aren't killing yourself with both of the jobs. :)

tacy said...

it is awol, not a-wall

Alayna said...

You almost had me fooled...

Unknown said...

Ouch! To both the stabbing and the insurance. I can't recommend anyone because I have never had a ticket so I don't know what mine would do. :) good luck. I did stab myself with a pencil once. Actually I was walking and I dropped it and somehow kicked it with my next step and it stabbed between my toes.YES I was barefoot. I couldn't find the lead but I know where it is now. It is still a perfect point floating between my toes. I feel it every time someone tries to rub my feet. gross huh.