9.22.2008

Just a Few Tidbits...

Nothing major has happened in the past few days...but I thought I would post a few random thoughts and interesting things...


I'm not going to lie...I've been sort of nervous about blogging ever since the owner (who I NEVER talk to) of the Extreme Pita that I eat at all the time mentioned that he had read my blog. He said that the Extreme Pita headquater people had sent him the link to my blog...and he thanked me for writing such nice stuff about it. I was so confused on so many levels...how did he know that I was the writer of said blog...how is it that the company even stumbled across my blog... how long ago did they send it to him...but most of all I was just embarrassed because unlike cool bloggers like Jake and...alot of others...my blog isn't written well enough for anyone other than friends and family....not that I care who reads it...I just didn't think anyone else would WANT to read it...


And that brings me to my next point...I am a little weary of writing about another chain restaraunt...but here I go anyway. Every morning I have to take some papers into the City of Phoenix and on my way out of town there is a McDonalds...and I have a REALLY hard time passing up McDonalds breakfast at 8:30 in the morning...sometimes I do...sometimes I don't...
I was a little nervous about stopping at this McDonalds because I have to drive through a shady part of Phoenix and I was nervous about what sort of hoodelums I might run into...But let me just tell you that this McDonalds makes the best looking breakfast sandwhich I have ever laid eyes on... and I have laid my eyes on many a McMuffin in my time...

I watched the first 3 seasons of Prison Break and the first few episodes of Season 4 in a matter of weeks....and I am afraid I have been permanently affected (effected?) by this...I have found that my trust level for people has gone way down and I am constantly looking over my shoulder and wondering who is spying on me and who is really 'on my side'...


The other day I was driving down to where I work and crossing the crosswalk was a man on a unicycle...I was nervous for him...but he seemed to know what he was doing...


I am obsessed with handwriting...especially my own. I will write and re-write something over and over again until it is perfect. I write best with a thin tipped sharpie...but sometimes that isn't always practical because of the bleed through (except Tacy gave me these amazing no bleed sharpie pens for my birthday and they are perfect...but unfortuanly I used them so much in just one short month and they are starting to run out of juice...or ink if you will... If I can't find a shapie I write best with a #2 pencil...the kind you have to manually sharpen and you can only use that kind on standard tests...And after that I prefer the 'clear' barrel bic pens and then a clicky pencils and after that it's all about the same...

Today my boss was on the phone with someone so I was taking a message for him and I just wrote down...Becky...D-Backs...and then her number. I honestly went through about 10 post-it notes without even thinking about it because the first 9 times I didn't like how I wrote it...

When I finished and I realized what I had done I coudln't help but wonder how mad Ashlie would be if she knew I had waisted that many post-its on a stupid note and I didn't even plan on recycling those extra 9...and also if there is some handwriters anonymous I need to look into joining because this probably isn't very healthy...

8 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Great update! I enjoyed it very much!! Especially the part about the handwriting. How true, for you...

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs, especially when they are random thoughts. You just need to do it more often. As far as the handwriting...it is called obsessive compulsive.

Unknown said...

I'm beginning to worry about you but I really do love reading your blog.

Laura said...

Hmmm, paranoid huh, and then extreme pita finds out about you and all the positive things you have to say about them and then the guy at extreme pita knows it's you. I would mention that maybe you should be a bit paranoid but, then you may stop blogging and then what would I do when I need a little katy humor? So I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Anonymous said...

That's funny becuase as I was reading the part about you re-writing things. I was thinking to myself "What a freaking waste of paper. And I'm sure it was not recycled" You know me too well.

Alayna said...

Wow...that is entertaining. But sadly, I am the same. I will write on several a sticky note until I like the way my handwriting looks (especially when taking messages for someone else). It is a sickness...

So, how is Extreme Pita boy? Is he still in America? You know people can do searches for blogs containing certain words, so I am sure that is how the Extreme Pita folk found you. I had a couple of people find my blog by searching Dr. Fountis. Craziness.

tacy said...

maybe your obsession wouldn't be so bad if you didn't carry it over to other people. I'm fine with my handwriting until you come along

Wilkerson Family said...

That's crazy about the pita place. And I love your blog. I'm sure the pita people found it enjoyable.

But doesn't it make you nervous that someone you don't want to read your blog, will? Sometimes I think about that before I blog certain things. I don't know why I'm paranoid about it. Maybe it's because of Prison Break :)