9.06.2008

I'm your Huckleberry...

My sister Tuna was out visiting me last week...and one thing she really wanted to do was go to Tombstone...mostly because TAPS (a ghost hunting show on TV) went there and she love that show...
So we went...and here are some picture to prove it...

Me and Tuna


These are picture of the worlds largest rose bush. It covers over 8,000 sq ft and and the circumference of the trunk is over 12 ft. You can see how big it is cause Tuna is standing on one end of the branches and I'm on the other taking the picture.

The Famous Bird Cage Theatre where Taps found some interesting things.

At one place they had a 'haunted' tour you could go on...Ashlie was actually very scared in that picture...don't let that smile fool you. And the shop owner let us all three go for the price of two!


And these two pictures are of Tombstone...it is a lot like Nauvoo in the fact that it is a real town where people live and make a living...and then there is pretty much this one road with everything 'historic' on it. There are tons of shops and stores all run by the local townspeople...but these people here were way nicer than a good portion of the shop owners in Nauvoo. They really live up their history...they all dress like cowboys or saloon girls and they stand outside their shops and they talk to you....it's really fun! And... I don't think it was prime tourist season while we were there (as you can see from the empty streets) and the weather was GORGEOUS! It rained while we were there but instead of it getting muggy and hot like back at home...it cools everything way way down. It was so nice. And Ashlie met a hippie that ran a jewelry story there and now they are best friends. She even bought a necklace from him and if you look close you can see me wearing it in some of the pictures. And by some I mean one.


Like I mentioned before...it rained while we were there...but on the drive home it POURED...it was sort of nasty to drive home in. But...once we got through it...look what we spotted! And...I must mention Tuna's good photography skills since that is through a car window with the car going about 85 mph!

9 comments:

tacy said...

I'm so jealous!! I feel honored that the title of this blog was basically just for me, unless someone else understand it.
Thanks for the pictures. I wanted to see some proof of tuna being there because other then this I haven't heard much of your adventures.

Wilkerson Family said...

That's way cool!

Kevin said...

"You're a daisy if ya do."

That's to show that the title is understood by more than the Tacy. Color me jealous Katy & Ashlie & Jessie.

Once Corey & I went to the town they filmed Roswell in. Went to a lots of stuff. Not that that would matter to you necessarily, it's just to show I know something of what it is to go to a town of some significance that isn't Nauvoo. ;) Not that tv compares to the old west...

Anonymous said...

Good pictures - especially the rainbow! I am glad you finally updated, and happy that you guys got to spend time together. I must say, Tombstone looks different that I pictured. Don't wait so long to blog again!

Alayna said...

Oh my word, if you did not write that that first picture was of you and your sis, I would have had no idea that was your sis. Wow! I haven't seen her for years! Crazy...

However, I am jealous that you guys got to have a fun little road trip. I need to get out more. You have probably seen more of Arizona in your short time here than I have in the 5 years I've been here...

Sarah Harward said...

If I ever make it to Arizona to visit you, I want to do all of that fun stuff too!! How's the new job?

Shayla said...

Katy! Of course I remember you! I had forgotten that you were from Nauvoo! I'm sure we had talked about you knowing my cousin Jamie before, but I could be wrong :) I'm excited to add your blog to my list of blogs to stalk so I can see everything about you :)

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you and Jesse! I wanna see tombstone..how cool.

We're All Wright said...

I felt so bad for you and your cancelled insurance.... You are so innocent and so mistreated !!! ! I knew you would never really speed and everyone was so mean to you! That is until I realized in this blog you say you were going 85 MPH in a pouring Arizona rainstorm with Tuna hanging out taking that picture! I love you and your blog just in case I don't see you again in this life!
XOXO Viv