11.30.2011



Well...I'm a bad blogger...but...so is everyone else!  All my friends that blog have not done so in over a week!  Here are a few things that are worth probably a full blog for each of them, but for now they will just be listed here:

*  Thanksgiving happened!  It was a pretty good day!  Daron put me in charge of the turkey so we did it differently from how he's used to cooking it.  He was nervous the whole time, but after faithfully basting in every 20 minutes for about 5 hours he decided it was one of the yummiest turkeys ever!  Yeah for new things! Daron's mom and dad and his sister and her family came over that day.  It was nice to spend time with everyone.

* I went black Friday shopping for the first time ever!  It was SO FUN!  I got some good stuff I think.  I went with Judy and Melissa (Daron's mom and sister) and it was a blast!  I am probably addicted now.

*The day before Thanksgiving Bryan fell off his bike and scratched his lip, and knee pretty good and busted his front tooth in half!  We took him to the Dr just to double check that he didn't break a bone in his face or something, but he was fine.  He goes to the dentist today to get something done with his hill-billy missing tooth!

*Hannah got a job!  She works for Smart Style in the Walmart close to our house!  So thankful for this!

*I have 99.9% of my Christmas shopping done! This includes everyone getting a present from me!  I am so excited for this!  Last year I put it off and had to do a lot of December weekend shopping...and that was miserable for me!  So this year I got on the ball and got it all done.  Yeah!

*We traded in my Escape and got Daron a new work truck.  I have to say I was a little sad to see it go...it was one of the few things I brought into the marriage...but since I was driving the new car we got in September I couldn't really argue.  Plus, it's a nice truck...I'm not complaining at all.

*Ashlie Wilson got married!  We got to share a last name for just over a year!  Now she is an Estrada.  I was the 'maid of honor' at her wedding the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Her aunts and uncle came in to town and it was nice to see them.  Ashlie made a beautiful bride, and her wedding was perfect!  Small and cute and great!  Now I've just got to convince her to move to the east side with me so we can be friends and hang out!

There is probably something else I'm forgetting to mention...but I can't think of it now. 

4 comments:

mom said...

I am so glad you blogged! Every day I check just to see if there is anything new. Yay for you getting your shopping done...I used to be that way too. I am also very happy that Hannah got the job!BTW: technically, I think you were really Aslie's 'matron' of honor...because you an old married lady (a matron) and not a young thing (maid) anymore (just saying...)
Thanks for updating...I love you!

Christensen Kids said...

I'm glad you blogged too! I'm an awful blogger right now. I have been so busy and I will have a few BIG posts to get caught up. Love reading you updates!

mom said...

I forgot to say how much I LOVE the quote you put at the heading of this update. I have been trying so hard to always have a Thankful Heart.

Jillian said...

Like your mom, I too check everyday to see if anything new is posted :) Thanks for giving me something fun to read tonight!! Your life seems to be rocking and I am so happy for you! And Ashlie's wedding was absolutely perfect :)