11.14.2011

Parents Visit...

My parents came out and visited us at the beginning of November!  They were here from the 3rd and went home on the 9th.  We had a good time!  One day we went down to Tucson to Kartchner Caverns.  Daron and I had gone before and really enjoyed it, so we thought we'd take them and Bryan and see the other part of the cave we didn't get to see.  Needless to say, our tour was not as good as it could of been.  When me and Daron went a few months ago, our tour guide was amazing!  He showed us a bunch of neat stuff and seemed really interested in what he was doing.  The lady we had this last time seemed like she was just 'doing her job'.  It was still interesting to be in the cave, but only because I could draw on the stuff I learned a few months ago with the other guide.  But, it was a good time anyway. 


That hill above my moms and my head is the cavern.  They take you up to the entrance in a little shuttle and then you have to walk through a bunch of doors and get sprayed down on your way in so you don't leave any dust or particles behind, since it is a living cave.  That's why my hair looks so lovely, it got a little wet, then with the humidity in the cave, it was just beautiful afterwards. :(

Dad and Mom waiting for our tour to start

In the museum part of the tour they have little 'caves' you can crawl through to see what it was like for the original men that found the cave.

As you can see, some people would be better cavers than others! :)


We did some other fun things while they were here:  we saw the Casa Grande Ruins (fine to see it once, but I probably wouldn't go back), we ate at The Melting Pot (so yummy!),  and had Darons family over for a BBQ.  It was so much fun having my parents here!  I wish they would of been able to stay longer, but when you live far apart, you have to take what you can get!


5 comments:

mom said...

Yeah! You blogged about us! We had a GREAT time. Thanks for being such good hosts!

Jillian said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am glad your parents were able to come out and visit :) Nice time for them to relax right after the pumpkin walk! ;)

Becca said...

So as soon as I saw you were talking about your parents, it reminded me that I had a piece of fudge that I got at church yesterday that I hadn't eaten yet. I loved those care packages your parents would seen with all the amazing treats. It looks like you had a blast.

Wilkerson Family said...

Fun fun fun.
It's too bad you didn't get a good tour guide. At least you could share some of the stuff you learned last time. I thought that cave was amazing.

Laura said...

I am glad they came to visit, but I am glad they are back!! I like the pictures but I have a question, why is there a big wet puddle under "only" your mom in the second picture?!--Sorry Kathy :)