8.01.2011

My Grandma Singleton...


My Grandma Singleton died on July 14th.  I am a little behind at blogging about this, but with running up to Utah for the funeral, and then catching up on everything since being home, I have found myself a little busy.

She had been sick for a while, so for the most part it's a happy thing that she is in a better place now.  The funeral was nice, there were lots of people there and at the viewing!  I was asked by her a while ago to play my violin, so I had been practicing for a few months now.  It went pretty well.  My Aunt Launa spoke and did a very nice job, something I know I could never do, for my grandma or my mom.  No way. 

My grandma was such an amazing lady!  And she was so funny!  She was always saying funny little things that would always catch me off guard!  I know I took it for granted at the time, but I got to spend lots of weekends at her house while I was at school in Idaho, and that was so nice!  She would always have a nice home cooked meal for me and my roommates, and ALWAYS made sure to make me a batch of her macaroni and tomatoes, made with her personally canned stewed tomatoes!  MY VERY FAVORITE!!  She would never let us leave without taking food for our drive back up to school. 

I will miss her a lot, and I am so thankful for the testimony I have of families being together forever.  I know she is happier now and busy doing many important things up there!  And even though I hope that days is a ways off, I look forward to seeing her again someday!

5 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I loved your grandma and am glad you were able to go up for the funeral! Sorry for your families loss though!

Alanna said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy to lose a grandma. I am glad you were able to make it for the funeral.

Jillian said...

I am sure you played the violin beautifully and she was very pleased, watching you from the better place she is in now :)

mom said...

What a nice blog!

tacy said...

Grandma was HILARIOUS, but she was so subtle with it! After about an hour of thinking I'd crack up cause I just then got what she had said. I will certainly miss her!