9.07.2010

Don't let the bed bugs bite...


Last night when I went to bed I rolled onto my back and saw a black shadow on the ceiling. I put my glasses on and saw it was a praying mantis. I didn't think much of it and I rolled back over, turned off the light and went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning that silly thing was STILL THERE on the ceiling right where I had left it. Again, I didn't do anything about it and got up and went to my tanning appointment.

When I got home about 15 minutes later I gathered my things I wanted to take pictures of to put on eBay and I walked into my room and just about plopped myself down on my bed when I noticed the mantis sitting right in the middle of my bed...right where I would of squished him if I had continued with my plopping down.

For some reason I found this little scene 'blog worthy' and so I got my camera to take a picture of it and right after the flash went off he flew across my bed and landed somewhere in the mess of blankets I keep between me and the wall...

I hope he makes his way back to my ceiling by the time I go to bed again...cause I don't relish in the idea of cuddling up with a praying mantis at night...


4 comments:

Jessie said...

Sick! The fact that it flew away just creeps me out to the max!

Daron Wilson said...

Okay! I cant sleep if there is a missing bug some where... Hope you find it.

We're All Wright said...

I wonder if because it is a "Praying" Mantis in your bed if your prayers are already said for a few days? Hmmm might be handy to keep around! I want one!!!

Jillian said...

Last I knew, praying mantises (manti?) were GREEN not silver... that makes me squirm inside. Are you sure that's what it was and not some mutant bug ready to attack you? EEK!