9.21.2010

busy busy busy...



Well I only have a few days left in the Arizona before I head back home for the last time as a single woman! I fly home Thursday, and less than two week later Daron flies into town, and a few days after that we are married! It's absolutely crazy to think how different life will be after that! I've realized on this trip how funny it will feel to live away from my family and know that it's a permanent thing...that my life for the most part will now be solely in Arizona.

Me and Daron have thought that we will get the car all packed and leave from the reception and go to Iowa City...since we are driving home anyway (through Utah to see my grandparents)...and stay there Friday night and leave Saturday morning. I have been thinking about how bittersweet my reception will be. It won't just be a 'congratulations on your wedding' (well, for some people it will be just that), but for lots of important people in my life it will be saying 'goodbye' too...and I worry that I am going to cry a lot (sort of like the way I am crying right now just blogging about it!!)

Ok...on to happier thoughts. I had a mental list of things that needed to be done on this trip...and I believe we accomplished most if not all of them... Let's see...

1. find sweaters for the bridesmaids...check
2. rug doctor the carpets in Darons house for the company we'll have for the AZ reception...check
3. get ties for the groomsmen, my dad and Daron...check
4. get Darons front room cleaned up (which has been basically collecting boxes of unwanted crap for the past many months...check
5. have the AZ bridal shower...check
6. have dinner with the girls...check
7. go with Daron to the temple for the first time...CHECK :)
8. get Darons wine cabinet on craigslist...not yet...but my time here isn't over yet!

Anyway...so it's been a productive and eye opening week...
There is TONS of stuff waiting for me to do when I get home...even though my family has been busy while I've been gone! As much as I didn't want to depend on them to get things done for the wedding I absolutely would never of gotten anything done without them!

3 comments:

Daron Wilson said...

I know that leaving will be tough but being married will be a whole new adventure...I Love You!!!

mom said...

Ya, I have been thinking about you leaving on Friday night. When are you going to open the presents? How are we going to get them to Arizona? I guess we will have to figure that all out this week. I can't believe we only have two weeks!

Jillian said...

Leaving will definitely be tough, I know how it feels :/ But you've done it once and you can do it again. And Nauvoo is only a flight (and a wicked long car ride but that's besides the point) away!! Plus, AZ is a great place for people to visit!! And I'm not goin' anywhere for a while missy... so you will get to see ME! Woot Woot! And oh ya, I guess being married will be kind of cool... ;)