10.09.2009

show and tell...

So...I've been a really good collector of paper, stamps, ink pads, punches, ribbon and just about any other card making item imaginable...but I have failed in actually making cards...
For my moms birthday a couple months ago I made her a really cute card holder with a birthday calender and a few handmade cards...and I've been trying to keep up on my card making...
The problem is, it is so tedious because I keep all my supplies neatly organized in my closet, so to make cards I have to drag it all out, and then when I'm done put it all away again. SO ANNOYING. I would kill to have a craft room, where I didn't have to pack everything away again...I would be a crafting fool if I had my own craft room...but...alas...I don't, so I sit at my coffee table on Thursday nights, watch TV, and make cards...
We are having a service auction for FHE in a few weeks, and I said my 'service' was going to be homemade cards...so I really need to get on the stick with the card making...
Here are the ones I've made so far...nothing fancy...but I think that the fancier and more complex they are, they less likely you are to actually use them...
The top picture opens up and becomes the bottom picture...


7 comments:

mom said...

I love them all! Keep up the good work! I need several of those birthday calendar/card packets for Christmas. I will pay!

Sarah Harward said...

SO CUTE!! I LOVE the one on the green paper with the floral paper over it and green stripes going down. SO CLEVER! And I really love the sewn flower as well! I wish I could come over every Thursday night and make cards with you. Why does Arizona have to be so far away?!?!?

Unknown said...

CUTE!!!!

Alanna said...

Those are so cute! I wish we lived close enough so we could make cards together! I love making cards but seldom take the stuff out to do them becuase it's not nearly as fun to do it by myself!

tacy said...

fun stuff!
I feel your frustration with the lugging everything out bit because I'd like to sew a few things but there just seems to be no room and taking time to lug everything out and put it back just is a hassle.
cute cards though :)

Jessie said...

super cute cards! I also agree with Tacy, once everything is organized you don't want to mess it up again.

We're All Wright said...

I love your cards!!! Are they just out of your head? You are an artist!(Actually a true artist is messy and doesn't care that stuff is all over!!! Heh heh I must be an artist too!)