10.19.2009

Is it May yet...

My message today is not about texting and driving...because I have to admit I am guilty of it...

Rather...it is about what a piece my phone is. Here are a few example of why my phone is such a piece...

1. It randomly decides to shut itself off. If I shut it too hard, or set it down too hard, it shuts off...and any other time it wants to...it's SO ANNOYING...

2. Sometimes it decides it doesn't want to send a message right away...but instead saves it for a few hours down the road when the receiver will most likely be really confused as to what I am talking about since we have probably not been texting for hours...

and the most annoying thing of all...

3. It doesn't save the words I spell the most often when I am texting. My phone is set for predictive texting...so I just hit the number that has the letter that I want on it and it brings up the words most likely to be spelled with those letters. Most phones I know start to recognize words that you spell most often. So, if you are spelling a weird word, you might have to meticulously type it in the first few times...but after that it usually recognizes what you want to say. Not my phone. You all know Ashlie my roomate...well anytime I try to write her name it gives me Brilge...so I end up having to tap out A..S..H..L..I..E...instead of just hitting the number that corresponds with that letter (does that make sense?) Here are few of my other favorite words it refuses to remember...Alice (Algea)...McClintock (McCracken)...luscious (lurchour)... and now...'A'...
Here is why:
The other day I had to text half of the girls in my relief society to remind them that Sacrament meeting was first instead of last that next Sunday. So, I entered in all of the name and numbers of the girls so I could just send one message. Well, to be sure I didn't leave anyone out of the text, I put a 'c' in front of everyones name so I would recognized them as part of relief society (C standing for church)...well now, everytime I need to use the word a, it just puts a c there!!! For crying out loud!!! It refuses to recognize the name Ashlie, but now it always replaces the word a with a c just because I put a c in front of a few names!!! Give me a break!!

My contract is up in May and I can't tell you how excited I am to get a new phone!!

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Wow, that's a load of problems right there. I hate when things that we become dependent on do stupid crap for no reason that we can't fix. Frustrates me to no end.

Lisa and Dan said...

That does sound annoying. I am sorry.

mom said...

Ya, I don't think phones are meant to last the whole time of your contract... that's how they get you to spend more money.

tacy said...

Poor you with your crappy phone. At least it isn't the nintendo phone...actually I kinda liked that phone.
My phone likes to freeze up every once in a while so if I'm in the middle of a text it'll just stop working, or if I'm trying to type in a name or something it'll just freeze up, BUT it does have text recognition so I'm ok.

Katy Wilson said...

i was talking to someone at the city of phoenix building and they have a touch phone and it freezes a lot too...good to know so maybe I will avoid that in the future...

Unknown said...

Technology....gotta love it!!! I won't even tell you how long it took for me to figure out Texting. lol

Christensen Kids said...

phones...it's a love/hate relationship! Good luck!