10.11.2009

My weekend of firsts...

This weekend was a pretty fun one...(and interestingly enough I've kept my blog topics all starting with 'c' - canning, cards, and now CAMPING!! Stacies parents just bought a pop-up (or is it pop-open?) trailor. They went to camp and a place called Woods Canyon Lake (it's a couple hours north of here) and so me and Stacie drove up Friday afternoon and stayed the night up there with them in their trailor. It was my first time ever sleeping in a trailor. And, even though they have a heater in the trailor, it broke, so it was FREEZING!! Literally, it had to be in the 30's during the night...

Also, her dad took me and her fishing the next day...it was my first time ever fishing...and I really liked it!! I didnt' catch anything...unlike the hottie hottie next to use who caught 2 fish...right in a row!! I think I could like fishing...(maybe I'll change my mind when I actually have to touch a fish!!This weekend was a pretty fun one...(and interestingly enough I've kept my blog topics all starting with 'c' - canning, cards, and now CAMPING!!)

You might think I took this picure at the end our trip...but no...this was only after an hour or so there...I just look like skank...


So, another thing I did this weekend was go to the girl ask guy Multi Stake Rodeo and it was my first stake activity I've gone to since moving here. It was pretty fun...we had dinner and then saw a real rodeo thing where cowboys lassoed (?) baby cows!! Then, there was a silly dance and we had to stay for one slow song (the rule of our group that I went with). After that we went to Wal Mart and got pumpkins and stuff to make s'mores. We went to Anitas house and we ate s'mores and carved pumpkins!! My first pumpkin of the year!! Soon to be followed by many...many more!!


Then...today...Stacie came to church with me for the first time (she goes to her family ward normally) and then I went to a little activity my ward had called Cookies and Conversation for the first time!! I even made cookies!

9 comments:

Kevin said...

Oh Kitten, you don't look like a skank. :)

Alanna said...

Hey! Looks like a fun time! I really need to get out camping again! It's been far too long since I have gone. My dad would take me fishing when I was a young one! ;) I did enjoy it. He would have me help clean the fish and that was not so much fun!!!

Unknown said...

Fish only bite when you are paying attention to them they get jealous of "hotties" lol Not really, but I had to say something. I love you Katie.

mom said...

I agree with Jamie, the fish new you weren't really paying attention so they all went to the 'hottie'! I am so excited for you to carve more pumpkins!

tacy said...

I read "pumpkins and stuff to make smores" and I thought "How does pumpkin help you make smores??" I tried to get you to fish with me!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad someone could get you to see the fun in it. Did you bait your own hook?

Mom and Dad said...

It's a good thing you went fishing for your first time. It could be your last I hear. There is talk on the news that some people are trying to get...what do you call it...sport fishing?...banned. Wierd huh.

I haven't carved my first pumkin yet this year. Oh...if you and your familia want help, I would be more than willing to help you carve those many, many more (: I think it would be so fun!

Stacie said...

Hey we were completely dedicated to the fish, they just neglected us so we had to go elsewhere for entertainment!

Katy Wilson said...

who is 'mom and dad'...cause i don't think they are my mom and dad or they wouldn't of said 'you and your familia'.....

mom (really) said...

I was wondering the same thing...who is mom and dad and do they really want to help carve pumpkins?