4.21.2009

Presents...good and bad...

Well a lot has happened this week...
Let's start from the very beginning...

Tuna flew home on Monday (of last week) and then me and Tacy didn't do anything blog worthy between then and Saturday...
Saturday morning Ashlie, Tacy and I drove up South Mountain because Tacy really wanted to see a lizard while she was here, and Ashlie thought that would be prime lizard viewing territory. It wasn't...but we did get some pictures...


Tacy flew home that afternoon...

The next couple days were lovely mail days...I received 2 blog give-away gifts! I don't know how I got so lucky, but I got another pair of earrings from Jaime (I really like them, but was not successful AT ALL in taking a decent picture of them)...


And from my former roommate Emily...I got these super neat personalized handmade cards! A set of 4! I think I am going to keep them for when the brand 'Emily' is all famous, I can have a set of original Emily Brand gift cards! It'll be worth millions...(The bottom picture is a front and back photo, with the envelope)



In not so good presents...I woke up Sunday morning to Ashlie texting me from our friend Whitney's house telling me that I couldn't use the bathroom because every time you flush a toilet, it backs up into one of the showers. YUCK! She had to clean 'poo' out of her shower that morning. So, I went over to Whitney's house and got ready (I had to go to work that day...crappy), then I pretty much went right back to Whitney's house after I got off work. Later that night, Ashlie went home and Alice had flushed the toilets again and this time it had seeped up into my shower/bathtub, and when I came home that night to get stuff to sleep over at Whitney and Jillians, I check out the bathroom and almost vomited! The tub was covered in...poop! And hairballs and drain gunk..and here's the kicker...TAMPONS!! SICK!!!

I called Tiffany this morning, and she got a plumber over to the house, and as you can imagine, the whole clog was caused by tampons! Disgusting huh! I always thought it was common knowledge that you shouldn't flush tampons. I know they say you can, but I've always heard you should never.

Well, rest assured, there will be no more tampon flushing at our house any more!

10 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

GROSS! GROSS!! GROSS!!! I hope she cleaned your tub for you! eww! The earrings and cards are REALLY cute!! You lucky dog you!

Christensen Kids said...

OK,That is pretty NASTY!!! Glad you got to spend sometime with your sisters though.

Lisa and Dan said...

That is discusting! I'm sorry you had to experience that. I have never had an experience quite like that and I use to clean bathrooms for a living (:

mom said...

Ok, I have a few comments:
1. The view from the mountain looks pretty amazing.
2. I am so glad we have never had plumbing problems like that...I almost gagged while you were telling me about it.
3. The cards from Emily are really cute. Did you actually get 2 presents from Jamie?
4. Holy Cleavage, Katy!

Kevin said...

Ew. Just ew.

Unknown said...

Yes she got 2 presents from Jamie because she commented on two of her posts because she loves her. *dancing a jig* I really hate that my earrings are on the same post with poo and tampons but the mountain view rocks!! :) LOVE YA!!!!

tacy said...

gross gross gross gross. cute earrings! and what a lovely picture of you laughing, a lot different than another laughing picture i've seen recently.

Wilkerson Family said...

I hope the you're plumbing probem is taken care of. How gross. When we lived in Mesa church was cancelled one week because something about the ground is really acidic and it ate away the pipes under the church. Yuck.

It looks like you had fun with your sisters :) There are times that I really miss the desert.

Jessie said...

Cute earings, like the pictures, and sick sick sick about the backed up toilet

Rodney said...

TMI-gross. And i dont think the cleavage was bad at all. I have seen worse.