2.09.2008

Kindred Spirits...

This is not the most earth shattering blog ever, but it was such an exciting situation, I just have to share it. As I am sure all of you know, at least those of you that have read my last 2 blogs, that I am a lover of the Twilight book series. I stayed up till 2 am last night to finish the 3rd book. So, today I am working at the fudge factory and these two ladies walk in and I get up to go wait on them (sorry, I forget sometimes that I give very unimportant details when I'm telling stories) and i notice that one of the ladies has on a shirt (oh shut up of course they obviously had on shirts) but she had a jacket over it so all I could make out was "I...Edwa...Cull..." I got all excited and asked her what her shirt really said and, as you may have guessed, it said "I love Edward Cullens!" I was so excited! I started blabbing on and on about how I had just finished the 3rd book about 8 hours ago and I was just absolutely head over heels and then they were freaking out because they LOVE him and the books and they have Twilight parties...they celebrate Bella's birthday, they give each other 'Bella' perfume from Avon, they make shirts (example: I love Edward Cullens...Vampires are Forever...etc...). It was so funny to be just going on and on with these two ladies (they had to be in their late 40's which makes it even funner that I was excited with older women and not 14 year olds!) We were talking about how excited we were for the 4th book and it turns out that we all had birthdays really close to August 2nd (that's when the last book comes out) so that made it even more exciting. I was just so happy to have someone to be excited with in person... well, my mom reads them, but she just isn't as giddy about it as me and these ladies were. Anyway, it was just a really fun little 10 minutes or so and it was good to know that I am not alone in my childlike obsessions...

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

That CRACKS ME UP!! I tried calling you at the fudge factory, but your dad said you were at the adventure zone. I was actually planning on calling you today anyway, so I'll try you tonight. Your dad said you'd be at his house after 8:00 so I'll try you then (if I'm still awake)

Alanna said...

That is hillarious. I love the fact that these ladies were in their 40's. I do have some students whose moms have been reading the books and are in love with them too. Funny how many people are in love with them.

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

So funny. So, I have been wanting to read the Twilight series for about a year now, but Jason and I only rent books from the library and that is about how long the wait is for that book. But for Christmas, we were given a gift card to Barnes and Noble, so I got to buy it. I made the mistake of asking Jason if he wanted to read it with me, so now we are reading it together...one chapter a night. I just want to read them all fast. I guess that it is good dragging them out, so they last longer. I am loving the book though...I just got half way through the first one.