1.22.2012

A week of 'me' time...

So I've taken the past week off work...and in the mean time I have been able to get a few minor projects done that I have been wanting to do for a while.  Nothing crazy...  I promised my mom I'd get pictures up and I am actually doing that withing hours (not days) of making that promise! 

I am still trying to master my camera...so beg pardon on the pictures...they are poor.

On our counter we have had these blue canisters that hold the sugar, flour and other stuff.  Well I've been wanting to 'update' that a little...so I took a bunch of glass containers that I had from other things, filled them with those things...and used my newly found love of etching glass to etch the jar with the whatever was in it.  This was really hard to get a picture of...but I think it turned out super cute.  It makes me want to make cookies!  (Maybe a bad thing!)




One of my favorite wedding gifts was a set of melamine mixing bowls.  But sadly my biggest one broke a few months back and I just couldn't part with the bowl.  So the other day I finally got around to buying some permanent botanicals and a styrofoam block and make a little thing:  (again...super hard for me to get a good picture for some reason!)


This picture is only nice if you've been in my house, but we re-arranged our front room and got a new entertainment center, TV and surround sound system.  It's actually a 3D TV and we are loving it! (You can see my green bowl of flowers in the room...)

And last but not least I made a craft room in my closet.  It is SO NICE to not have to drag everything out to the kitchen table every time I want to make something!  The only downside is there are no close plug in's.  So to use my Cricut or my embossing tool or laptop I have to do that in the kitchen.  Oh well...I still like my little cubby.


So tomorrow my time off ends.  I am not sure I am ready to be back at work, but I will go none the less.  Hopefully with my new crafting area I will find more time to get a project or two in more often!

4 comments:

mom said...

I really like the glass canisters!

Jillian said...

YAY crafting

tacy said...

I don't think I would like a 3D TV. I like what you've done with the canisters, I just wish I had some counter space!

Wilkerson Family said...

I lOVE your jars! Maybe I'll be stealing that idea someday ;)