1.05.2012

For your consideration...



*Why is it that when I have plenty of time in the morning and end up leaving my house EARLY to get to work I am almost always late.  But if I barely have time to brush my hair and grab my purse I can get there on time if not early. 

*Why does it seem that you only get a good deal with a company or product if you are a 'new' customer.  Like cell phones...super great deals and promotions if you sign a new contract or are a new customer...but you get squat for being a loyal long time customer.  Why not say "hey...you've been with us for 10+ years...here's a free smart phone or here's 6 months of your bill at 25% off" or something.  That would be nice. 

*Why is it that when I have a day off and I am home and do all the dishes and laundry and vacuuming and sweeping and moping and dusting and organizing no one cares in the slightest.  But if one of the kids happens to do more than 2 chores in a day it requires having my undivided attention while they point out every little detail of what they did.

*Sometimes it really irritates me that the yummiest things in life are the worst for you.  Why is it that way?  I healthy things can taste good...but something worse for you ALWAYS tastes yummier!  A steak cooked in butter always tastes better than when it's not cooked in butter.  Regular dressing is so much better than fat free.  Cookies are yummier than carrots.  Chips taste better than rice cakes.
\

3 comments:

mom said...

Concerning item #3: welcome to motherhood (especially with teenagers!). Item #4: I agree! If you don't care a thing about taste, it would be easy to diet!

Jillian said...

One word: Irony :(

Also, I always thought you did a marvelous job cleaning our house when we lived together :) Maybe it was just because you liked vacuuming and weeding and I hate both, but still, you did/do a great job! ;)

Christensen Kids said...

Amen!