10.24.2011

Rant and rave...

Oh man I'm so annoyed. 

The other day I bought a couple of these soups at the store because A: they looked good. B: I had a coupon that made them a pretty good deal, cause normally they are expensive. C: they looked convenient to take to my office to heat up and eat there.  I don't like taking dishes into work cause I forget them and it's hard to clean them there and all that. 

So today I'm in my usually grumpy "I hate my job...I hate working 10 hour days...I didn't bring my lunch and I'm the only one here so I can't go get something" attitude.  Then, I remember I brought those containers of soup a week or so ago and I could have one of those!  Yippie!  So, I read the instructions on how long to microwave it and YOU CAN'T MICROWAVE IT!  Stupid Campbell's soup people made it so the metal ring stays on the container, and duh you can't microwave metal!  I was so annoyed!  Cause I don't have a bowl or a Tupperware here and now I still can't have lunch.  Poor me!  But I just think it's stupid that they would package it like they do their other microwavable bowls and containers...so you think you can... but now.   This special overrated overpriced soup needs a special bowl to be heated.  Lame.

6 comments:

A said...

You can microwave some metal. Depends on the product. Check the label, the container might be microwave safe?

Katy Wilson said...

Unfortunately it says DO NOT PUT IN THE MICROWAVE THIS CONTAINER in the instructions. It's my own fault, I guess I should of read the heating directions before I purchased them, but they tricked me by putting it in the same container as their other microwavable soups.

Jillian said...

What the heck?! That is stupid. It looks like it was MADE to be eaten right out of there - the container is bowl-like! Hope you finally got to get some lunch today :(

Stacie said...

Sad day... to bad I was working or I would have brought you lunch and we could have hung out like old times.

mom said...

I agree...that seems way stupid! Maybe you should write to the company.

Ashlie said...

I almost bought those for me to take to work. good thing i didnt! that is really dumb. I probably would not have read it though and put it in there anyways and caught the microwave on fire.