10.05.2011

FINALLY...


Last night me and Daron headed over to his moms house to give her dogs the T-bones from our steaks.  It had been stormy all day, so by the time we cleaned up dinner and went outside...the weather was B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!  It was in the low 70's and there was a cool breeze!  As soon as we got home we opened all the windows and shut the air off.  I actually woke up this morning on the chilly side of the temperature spectrum!!!  It made me so happy...hopefully there is an end in sight to the 110+ temperatures we've been having all summer and maybe fall is finally on it's way.

It seems like the rest of the country got cool a while ago...cause all of my facebook friends and crafty bloggers that I stalk were all talking about fall and fall craft projects and soup and apple cider and pumpkins...and we were still having 115 degree days!  I really struggled with it...I was beginning to HATE the fact that I live in Arizona.  Fall (and everything that comes with it) has always been my most favorite thing ever, and I seemed to be getting screwed out of it.  But...the past couple of days I've realized how ungrateful I was for what I did have!  Sure, I may not be able to do the Nauvoo Pumpkin Walk every year anymore, and I may never get to really carve a pumpkin out here and have it last for any length of time, or be awe struck by river road every year in the fall no matter how many times I drive it.  But...I have a great family who I love and who loves me...we are healthy...and...when we finally do get down into the fall temperatures I love so much...the rest of the country gets to deal with this:


2 comments:

mom said...

You are so right. Thanks for reminding me we have to deal with winter when fall leaves (haha didn't know I was so "punny"). Glad you have the right perspective now. You really are blessed.

Jillian said...

HAHAHA touche, my friend, touche. I especially like the third snow picture. Where the car door is frozen shut. Nothin like trying to scrap ice out of the cracks to open it. I get to look forward to that next year!