9.01.2011

A frustration...

I have been going to a wound care clinic for a few weeks now cause my cut on my leg has been healing EXTREMELY slowly. (And no I'm not diabetic, thanks for asking.  That is my #1 most asked question when it comes to this wound.  Every nurse that looks at it or just happens to glance my way asks.  I'm about to make a shirt that says "I may be fat and have a wound that doesn't heal but I'M NOT DIABETIC!)

Anyway...the parking lot is pretty small and it only has 4 rows of parking; 2 are just normal parking, 1 is employee parking, and the other is a valet parking.  It sounds nice, to have valet parking at a wound care facility.  And I should state that it is 'free' parking...but of course that free doesn't include a tip!  Now...if you are in such a state that you can't walk from a parking lot to the door without being in pain, then someone is probably driving you and they can drop you off right at the door and go park.  After all, it is a really small parking lot, and so even if they drop you off and they can only park in the furthest stall from the door, that stall is still closer than any close spot at your local walmart!

Anyway, my point is, I end up having to use the dumb valet thing cause the 2 normal rows are all full.  But, I feel so bad for the valet guy or girl who has to stand outside all day and fetch cars for people because I never remember to bring a dollar or two for a tip!   And today when the guy brought me my car he even looked down at my hands as I was heading towards him...and I just don't know if I should be awkward and say "Sorry, I don't have anything for you" or if I just ignore the awkwardness and get in my car and drive away."

I just ignored it...

3 comments:

mom said...

Awkward....maybe you could have said "do you take debit cards?"

Jillian said...

Haha I agree with your mom's statement. Although ignoring is OK, too. I mean, so many people don't travel with cash these days - especially to a DOCTOR'S OFFICE where there should be adequate parking, not VALET!!
I hope your leg feels better soon. Been quite the process! Hey, do they cut out keloid scars?!

tacy said...

I never have cash. Except for now that I say that I remember that I do have some cash in my wallet.