1.12.2011

Me thinks...

This pictures has nothing whatsoever to do with my blog, but I saw it the other day on my phone when I was looking for cool backgrounds, and  I thought it was HILARIOUS!

I've been thinking lately about those little random things that happen in our lives, and we don't think much of them at the time, and sometimes we still don't think much of them, but when we get down to thinking about it...those little events were the major turning points in our lives...

For example:

1.  I have this 'life journal' thing I've been trying to keep up on where you draw a question from a box and you answer it in a journal...then you're posterity can read it later on and know cool stuff about you.  My question on Sunday was 'Tell about a good friend in your life and why they are so important to you'.  So, I excluded family and decided to talk about Sarah Harward!  I was thinking back on our 'history' and how we got to be friends and what not...and I remembered that we became O.K. friends at the Fudge Factory the summer after my senior year of high school and before her sophomore year of college. We hung out and had good times together...but then she went back to Ricks and I went to WIU.  For some random reason, I decided to go visit her at Ricks on my spring break.  Looking back now, that seemed like a weird thing for me to do.  I was anti church schools, so I didn't want to go there, and even though me and Sarah had become friends, I dont' remember being good enough friends with her at that time to justify flying all the way to Idaho for a visit.  But...thinking about that now...I doubt I would of ever transferred out there for school and lived with her and gotten to be the friends we are today if I hadn't of make that spring break trip (which deserves a whole blog in and of itself...between the hospital and the marijuana grapefruit). 

2.  When I think about my life between January 2010 and Oct 2010...it's sort of a blur!  I would of laughed in your face really really hard if you'd of told me last Christmas that I'd be married by the end of 2010.  Looking back on the whole 'dating' thing me and Daron did my last few months in Arizona...I am amazed it worked out the way it did.  I had only gone out with him one time before he was joking around about being my 'boyfriend' and how we should go out again and blah blah blah, and that was at the end of March/beginning of April.  Well...on April 20th I was having my gallbladder out, and my mom came to town a couple days before so she could be with me.  Me and Daron had been texting and talking on the phone quite a bit, and when I told him my mom was coming he was absolutely insistent that he met her.  I told him he had no reason to meet her...he was just the creeper I went out with once...it wasn't necessary for them to meet.  But he was adamant...kept joking "I'm your boyfriend...I need to meet your mom." and I would say "You are absolutely NOT my boyfriend and you don't need to meet my mom".  But, despite my best arguing skills, he ended up coming over the night before my surgery to meet my mom (because I didn't want him coming over after my surgery cause I'd feel like crap).  That was the first time I'd seen him since our date quite a few weeks earlier.  He ended up coming over that day, then the day of my surgery, and then the next day too.  My mom actually liked him!  And so, looking back...that made it a lot easier for me to 'like him' too.  I told him he has himself and my mom to thank for me falling for him.  If he hadn't of met my mom that one time...things would of gone a lot slower than they did!  When we talk about our 'courtship' (that is such a stupid word), we both agree that him being so insistent on meeting my mom was probably the turning point of things.  Such a seemingly insignificant thing...and look at things now!!

Anyway...that's my deep thinking for the week...

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I LOVE this post!! And not just because I'm mentioned (although, it is funny how things worked out. I think about it often and how it MUST have been meant to be because looking back, some of the choices and stuff don't make sense. Also, I totally forgot about the marijuana grapefruit, I did not however forget about the hospital. Although, I wish I could!) Anyway, I'd LOVE to have a copy of your 'life journal' when you're through. Do I count as posterity?

p.s. I found tickets from Phoenix to Indianapolis for $199 for our craft day if you want to come!!

mom said...

Katy! I think you should TOTALLY go to craft day! That would be so fun! That is an amazing price, and you deserve it! (And just in case I didn't use enough ! . . . here are more!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessie said...

I was thinking about this at the beginning of the year and how crazy life turns out sometimes. Like how I started out as an sub for a cook, and ended up as a full time one on one aide. Lifes kind of crazy like that...who knows what could happen next...