12.19.2010

Feliz Navidad...


For some reason it has taken me a while to get into the Christmas Spirit this year. I have felt so overwhelmed with the gift giving aspect of it all. I guess I have never been responsible for making sure a family has a 'good' Christmas morning...and I have really felt the pressure this year. I think it didn't help that I've only been around for a couple months...and it seemed like a huge responsibility to take on in such a short time. But, Daron has been super helpful, even though I know he HATES shopping and keeps telling me "I really have no idea how we made Christmas work...I wasn't in charge of that"...but together we figured it out I think.

But throughout this whole process I've been so bothered by how important gifts are, and getting the right thing, and spending enough/not too much money. I guess I've always felt like I could put more time and thought and maybe a little 'homemadeness' into my gifts...but this year it was simply about 'getting a gift and checking that person off my list.' So it makes me sad that what I would of gotten everyone isn't' as personalized as I may of wanted it to be. But...there is always next year I guess...and I won't have to shove what most people have a year to think about, into just 2 or 3 months.

Needless to say, I woke up today feeling all festive inside! We got the house cleaned up this weekend...and Hannah fixed the Christmas tree lights so they ALL light up...and we got some present put under the tree (compliments of Tacy and Jessie) ... and the Christmas Program was really good at church yesterday... the shopping is just about done... so now we can just get ready for the fun times, like the family dinner and just being together.

How do you like the new look for my blog???

3 comments:

tacy said...

I really like the color and the simpleness of your blog.
MY PRESENT ISN'T PERSONALIZED?!?! Take it back.

mom said...

I like the new look too!

Unknown said...

You'll get it figured out and you do it with style. :) I love the look. Merry Christmas!!!