4.24.2010

A week of firsts...

Well it has been a long and exciting week...

I finally had my surgery to get my gallbladder out...and it went really well...I guess...since I slept through it all. I have 5 little incisions that hurt A LOT and are bruised and itchy right now...but that is a lot more tolerable than a gallstone attack... The only 'problem' was that the nurse couldn't get my IV to go into my hand...so she had to get the anesthesiologists assistant to come down and do it...and he did and it was fine! (and so was he!)

I was sort of excited for my surgery...I was my first time as a real live patient in a hospital and I was pretty pumped about it. Right before they wheel you away to go to the operating room they give you a dose of 'happy juice' that the nurse said would take the nerves off and just relax me a bit. I told her that I was feeling pretty relaxed and not nervous at all...then she dumped the stuff in my IV and my mom said it was only a matter of seconds before I was laughing really hard. I don't remember anything after that until I woke up in the recovery room.



Here is my IV...and my only hospital bracelet I've had since I was born!

So since Tuesday we haven't really done much...just been lazy. Of course I couldn't do much if I wanted to because anytime I would twitch for the first couple of days either my mom or Stacie would be right next to me with 'what do you need'...'what can I get you'...'what is wrong'...but I tell you what it's been very much appreciated. I FOR SURE would of never made it through my week without them!! I got flowers from a few people which were so nice...my office, Daron and Joe and Jennifer Smith!!

So today we decided to get pedicures...another first for me this week...and as many of you know my huge phobia of feet...this was quite the accomplishment for me. And even just having this nasty picture of our feet on my blog is a big deal! But...I had to show off the cute little flowers!!



6 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I'm actually shocked you got a pedicure!! That's a HUGE step!! I'm glad your surgery went well! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Okay that is HILARIOUS because I was scrolling down reading and saw the IV hand picture and thought good thing it is the hand because Katy HATES feet. Then I scroll down more and wahla...there are some feet.

I think I would be giddy too for surgery. I don't know why, but I have always wanted surgery...probably just to say that I have. I glad everything went great.

JHayes said...

Um...didn't know you had three feet Katy. I think you may need more than your gallbladder removed.
Glad you're doing good though.:)

Unknown said...

I am so glad everything went ok. I am so glad your mom got to go and take care of you and I am so glad you love my earrings and you are going to come home and pick some out!! Cute little piggy's by the way. I love having my toes done. I had no idea that you hated feet. How can anyone hate feet? :)

Alanna said...

I have to say I was shocked that there was a picture of your feet on your blog! I lvoe the flowers! Pedicures are one of my favorite things about spring/summer! Glad your surgery went well!

tacy said...

ok...i KNOW i posted a comment right after Jessica but it didn't show up!

I am not surprised in the slightest that you laughed after getting that relaxation juice. I'm pretty sure they never gave me any of that...hmmm. Did ashlie tell you about the time she got her tonsils out and the orderly was pushing her in a wheel-chair and she had some "relaxation juice" and she said "Wee!! As she was being pushed.