10.14.2008

There's no place like home...


This week...and I know it is only Tuesday...but this week has been full of home references...
*Sunday in testimony meeting our bishops wife got up and walk talking about how they got to go to Nauvoo this past week...
*Monday at work I was on the phone with a guy named Matt and we were talking about what a crazy day it had been (refering to stolen backflow assemblies) and then he said...at least the weather is nice...and I said...Ya, I just moved here from Illinois and I was worried that it would never cool down...and he said...Oh, I moved here from Illinois too...(somewhere in southern Illinois I believe)...
*At Lane Bryant last night we had a lady in wanting to get some warmer clothes for a trip she is taking "up north"...so I was thinking Minnesota or Canada...no...she is going to Illinois and Indiana...I know that I consider that 'up north'...but it was an Illinois reference all the same...(she pronounced the 's' in Illinois...which bugs me...alot...)
*That same night at Lane Bryant I had a lady in buying clothes and she said that when she visits her son in Arizona she usually just ends up shopping all the time....so I asked her where she was from and ...you guessed it...Illinois...
*SHUT UP!!! JUST THIS VERY INSTANT MY PHONE RANG AT WORK AND THE CALLER I.D. SAID ILLINOIS!!! WOW....THAT IS AMAZING...(even though it is just a telemarketer)...
All these references to the Mother Land have made me all the more excited to go home in less than a week...Oh my goodness the anticipation is killing me...
Be prepared for a blog full of pumpkin walk pictures....my dog...possibly La Casa Salsa...maybe the Adventure Zone... who knows really...

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Illinois.

Sarah Harward said...

Holy moly! That's a TON of references!! And one thing you'll be sure to blog about when you get back to Arizona is meeting up with your favorite pregnant person! (me, just in case you were wondering!). We're planning on coming. Steven's meeting was moved to Tuesday, so he doesn't have it on Thursday anymore. Amanda and Casey have offered to watch our kids, so we might come without them, which I'm excited about. Hopefully, no one there will mind not seeing the two hellians. And I'm not sure if I've ever been to 'La Casa Salsa' so can I go with you? (picture a pathetic look including puppy dog eyes as I invite myself to come along). See you in a week and a half!!!

Wilkerson Family said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pumpkin walk pictures.

And I've never thought of Illinois as being north... I always thought it was weird when people from Idaho thought of Illinois as being way east. I've always just thought of it as being more in the middle. I guess from Idaho it is way east and from Arizona it's north... It bugs me too when people pronounce the 's'. Speaking of pronunciations that bug me. I always thought it's strange how they pronounce Prescott in AZ. And here in NE they pronounce Kearney and Beatrice funny... Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

Have a great trip!

Laura said...

Hurry home Nauvoo misses you, and all those who live there!!! And is it even possible to have a pumpkin walk without you- I don't think so!!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you are coming home!! It's the best time of year to be here I think. How long do you get to stay?

tacy said...

well i'm excited too kit! i'll tell the delmarae to treat you nicely on the drive up here.

Alayna said...

Awww...I am jealous that you get to go to Nauvoo. I am jealous that you get to participate in the Pumpkin Walk. I am jealous that you get to see Sarah. So much fun!

And the pronunciation of the 's' on Illinois is EXTREMELY annoying!!!