10.17.2008

A Little OCD...

So you know how if you own a restaraunt or a Fudge Factory or just in your own person food supply you are suppossed to rotate your stock...you know...when you buy a new can of cream of mushroom soup you put it behind the one you bought 3 years ago so you use the old stuff first...

I find myself rotating our office supply stock...and I'm pretty sure there is no need for it...

For example...when I load paper into my printer...I always make sure to put those last 2 or 3 sheets from the previous bunch on top of the the new bunch...I feel bad for those last few sheets that might never get used otherwise...

Also...I rotate my paper clips. I have a big container of paper clips that sort of looks like a trivial pursuit game piece...it has 6 different colors of paper clips in it and when I first got in the office they were all mixed up. I took some time out of my day and separated them all and now I only use one color per day so that they all have a chance at being used. But it honestly frustrates me that only the top ones get used...so every once in a while I 'stir' up the section so the ones at the bottom get a chance...

I do the same with the post-its...binder clips...and even the clip boards in the office that we use sometimes...

I'm pretty sure this is a disease...and it could be cured with good medication...

8 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

This totally cracks me up, because I'm pretty sure I have the same disease! I've always had it too. I never got too attached to one stuffed animal growing up because I felt guilty if I liked one more than another. So everynight, I would sleep with a different stuffed animal, so the others didn't feel left out. I do the same thing with our printer paper (but since I'm not blessed enough to be surrounded by office supplies, I'm not sure about the paper clips and stuff, but the thought process sounds like mine would be, surprise, surprise).
p.s. Steven is the exec. secretary, so not TECHNICALLY in the bishopric.
p.s.2- CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is genetic, because I used to have the same thoughts. I remember especially when I was young and learning how to play the piano, there was one song I had to play every time I practiced because it used a lot of black keys, and I knew they felt bad because they didn't get played as often. But, the older I get, the more I think, who cares...let those bottom papers rot, I am too tired to lift them up to be on top. Not very charitable of me, huh?

Anonymous said...

Um, I think they call it..... OCD!!! I thought my pillow thing was weird!! Just kidding! I think your little quirks are what make you so likeable (if thats a word) Cant wait to see ya and have some tacos and things!!! Have a safe trip!!
Nikki

Wilkerson Family said...

That's funny. Sometimes I do things like that too. It's a funny characteristic...giving objects feelings.

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only one who ever worried about the feelings of inanimate objects.

C.lee Rand said...

I assure you this is completely normal. Everybody feels either compasion or loathing for the inanimate objects around them. For instance, everytime I bend over my pen falls out of my shirt pocket. I get mad at the pen as though it were purposely trying to mess with me. This happens over and over and I get ever more angry until I banish the pen to my pants pocket where it can not get out unless I call for it . . . HA Mess with me will ya! This is perfectly normal I assure you I assure you I assure you I

tacy said...

sounds like you have too much freakin time on your hands

Anonymous said...

Can you say crazy. I dont thing its normal. I have never thought those things.