6.27.2012

Upgrade...

We got a new bed spread the other day.  I personally really liked our purple button comfortor we got for my bridal shower, but Daron was over the purple. So, we got a cool gray comforter set from Pennys and it is SO NICE!!  But here is my biff with King size comforter/sheet sets: they come with king size pillow cases.  I think most people sleep with standard pillow cases, so needless to say I had a good size collection of king pillow cases that I've never been able to use cause I only have standard pillows (with the exception of 1 set of king pillows I bought to use with the shams that come with the comforter sets)  I've been saying for  while that as soon as I got a sewing machine I would cut the king size ones down to fit a standard pillow.  Well I got a sewing machine for chrimstmas and never did it, and during one of my first sewing projects my sewing machine broke!  So now what!  Well, thanks to Darons mom Judy who sewed them for me...all of my beautiful matching king size pillow cases are now beautiful matching standard pillow cases!  No more random miss matched pillow cases!

Old beadspread, mismatched pillow cases

New bedspread, lovely matching pillow cases!

5 comments:

Mom said...

That is really pretty. I like it a lot better than your purple one, but I liked the purple, just this one better.

ashlie said...

I love it...it is so pretty!

Kathy N said...

I like it a lot! Is it gray? or pale purple?

Kathy N said...

this is jessie not mom.

tacy said...

I don't see a 4th of July pillowcase, other than that, I like it.