2.14.2011

weekend wrap-up...

I had a really good Valentines Day weekend!  Both of the kids were at their moms house for the weekend...so needless to say we got a lot of stuff done!

We got up pretty early on Saturday and went to the grocery store, which was supposed to be a 'small' trip, but it ended taking us an hour an a half.  While I got everything put away, Daron started taking apart our fridge/freezer in the garage to see why it's leaking.  He got that diagnosed and by 11 we were on our way out again to run some more errands. 

Daron made a much needed eye appointment for me (because I'm a HUGE procrastinator). I've been wearing the same pair of contacts since October...and my glasses are really old.  I ended up getting my eye appointment, 6 months of contacts and 2 pairs of glasses for $150!!  Yeah for insurance!!

We also went to a local produce store that had lots of really cheap fruits and vegetables!  After that we went to the 99cent store...cause that is the only place we can find the spaghetti sauce everyone likes...and we had some time to waste before my eye appointment, so we wandered around there for a while.  Let me tell you...the 99cent store is AMAZING!  I got a pair of sunglasses for a dollar...

 And Daron found himself a new cord that connects his iPod to his car!  His got stolen out of his car a couple months ago...and it was like $10 for a new one at a regular store!

Later on that evening we had reservations at Black Angus, and thank goodness we did cause we still had to wait about an hour to be seated...I feel bad for those that showed up with no reservations!  It as at least a 2 hour wait!  Before we went to dinner, Daron and I exchanged gifts.  Of course he told me he hadn't gotten me anything really, so I didn't feel too bad about only getting him some Dark Chocolate Strawberry Ghiradelli Squares and some turtle eggs from the Fudge Factory.  Well...the little liar...he got me this cute teddy bear, holding a box of chocolates, and it had a back pack on that had a little box with a necklace in it!  You can't see it very well in that picture...but its a gold heart, with a little heart cut out of it, and then two rings inside the cutout heart!  It was perfect!  Simple enough that I can wear it with super casual clothes, but it still looks good when I dress up (which is never...)

So then the actual Valentines Day gets here and I figured he was going to send me flowers...but he actually brought me flowers to work...and then had lunch with me!

4 comments:

mom said...

Jewelry AND dinner AND flowers? You are so lucky!!

tacy said...

well lookie there.
Jessie got an amazingly clean house for valentines day. (I dusted with pledge and EVERYTHING!)

mom said...

All I got was "well, Marty is closed so I guess no flowers."

Jillian said...

I had a nice time with you at dinner tonight. Will you write a blog about it? Please?? ;)